If you are using Citrix Command Center to manage your Citrix SD-WAN WANOP appliances, the AutoConfiguration feature enables a SD-WAN WANOP appliance to automatically register itself with Citrix Command Center. After you have specified a DNS IP address in the setup wizard, the appliance performs reverse and forward lookups to identify the Command Center IP address. If you opt for having the appliance automatically configured by the Command Center server, the server starts configuring the appliance automatically soon after the appliance is registered with it. The Command Center server uses configuration profiles selected for the appliance to run configuration commands on the appliance. Additionally, you can use Citrix Command Center to manage and monitor the appliance remotely.
The autoconfiguration feature is supported on the following appliances
• SD-WAN 400 WANOP appliance
• SD-WAN 800 WANOP appliance
• SD-WAN 1000/2000 WANOP appliances
• SD-WAN 3000 WANOP appliance
• SD-WAN 1000/2000 WANOP appliances with Windows Server
Before you can use Citrix Command Center to manage a SD-WAN WANOP appliance, you must register the appliance with it.
To configure a SD-WAN WANOP appliance for autoconfiguration:
1. In the SD-WAN WANOP setup wizard (System > Configuration > System > Setup Wizard ), specify the IP address of the DNS server used by the SD-WAN WANOP device.
2. Enter the registration password that you specified in Configure SD-WAN Registration Settings on the Command Center server, and click OK. Leave this field blank if you have not changed the password.
The SD-WAN WANOP appliance sends a registration request to the Command Center server, which automatically discovers the device and runs the commands available in the configuration profile.
Alternatively, you can navigate to Configuration > Appliance Settings > Logging/Monitoring page and specify the Command Center details on the Command Center tab.
To register the appliance with Citrix Command Center:
1. Navigate to the Configuration > Appliance Settings > Logging/Monitoring page.
2. Click the Command Center tab.
3. In the IP Address field, type the IP address of the Citrix Command Center appliance with which you want to register the SD-WAN appliance.
4. In the Port field, type the port number used for Citrix Command Center. 8443 is the default port number used for Citrix Command Center.
5. In the Registration Password field, type the password that the Command Center administrator has set for a SD-WAN appliance to log on to Citrix Command Center.
Do not specify any password if the Command Center administrator has accepted the default password for registering the appliance.
6. Click Update.
7. Select AutoConfiguration By Citrix Command Center option to automatically configure the appliance through Command Center. The Status field changes from Disabled to Initiated registration, which later changes to Request accepted if the registration of the appliance with Citrix Command Center is successful.
Your SD-WAN WANOP appliance is registered with Citrix Command Center and you can now manage the appliance remotely by using Citrix Command Center.