- Upgrade to 9.3 With Working Virtual WAN Configuration
- Upgrade to 9.3 Without Virtual WAN Configuration
- Convert SD-WAN 1000 / 2000 WANOP Appliances to Enterprise Edition With USB
- Converting Existing Appliance to Enterprise Edition Appliance
Only the SD-WAN 1000 and 2000 WANOP appliances can be converted to SD-WAN Enterprise Edition appliances.
Ensure that you are converting the 1000 WANOP appliance only, and not the 1000 WANOP WS. The 1000 WANOP WS appliance does not support conversion to the SD-WAN Enterprise Edition appliance.
Ensure that you have the default credentials to log into the existing Dom-0 - root/nsroot.
The conversion procedure is a two-step process involving the following steps:
Insert enclosed USB stick into the Citrix SD-WAN appliance.
Verify that the serial console is connected and proceed with the conversion process.
To upgrade the appliance with USB stick:
Insert the enclosed USB stick into the Citrix SD-WAN appliance.
Connect to the serial console of the appliance.
Reboot the appliance.
During the boot process, when you see the cursor moving across the screen, do the following:
a. Press and hold the ESC key.
b. Press and hold the SHIFT key.
c. Press the number 1 key (SHIFT +1 = !) and release all keys.
d. Repeat steps a, b, and c until the cursor stops moving.
The above steps should be executed during the applaince reboot process. The key strokes should happen during BIOS post stage as described in step 4.
5. When BIOS loads, choose the external USB drive, for example; PNY USB 2.0 FD 1100 to boot the appliance. The external USB drive is shipped by Citrix if you have ordered for it.
6. You need to choose the platform edition which you want to use, if the platform supports more than one edition, such as SD-WAN 1000 and 2000. editions Choose the Enterprise Edition software upgrade option when prompted.
7. Click <Yes> to confirm.
8. Once confirmed, the software package is copied from the USB.
Upgrade process will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. The system reboots after 1-2 minutes and the login prompt is displayed. For the SD-WAN 1000 WANOP platform edition, upgrade process is approximately an hour since updating the internal USB drive itself takes around half an hour.
9. Unplug USB stick after the procedure is complete.