This section outlines the essential differences between installing a SD-WAN VPX (VPX-SE) for deployment in your SD-WAN network, as compared to a SD-WAN VPX for WAN Optimization.
The primary differences when installing and configuring a SD-WAN VPX-SE virtual appliance from SD-WAN WANOP VPX, are as follows:
- To install SD-WAN VPX-SE on XenServer, download this file:
- To install SD-WAN VPX-SE on VMware ESXi Server, download this file:
Where <version> is the current SD-WAN version number.
To configure a static Management IP Address for a SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance, do the following:
1. Open the vSphere Client or XenServer Client where you created the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Machine (VM).
2. Open the vSphere or XenServer Console for the new SD-WAN VPX-SE, and log into the Administrator account for the VM.
- Default Administrator user name: admin
- Default Administrator password: password
3. Enter the following command lines at the console CLI prompt:
set_management_ip set interface <ip> <subnetmask> <gateway>
<ip> is the Management IP Address for the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance.
<subnetmask> is the subnet mask used to define the network in which the
SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance resides.
<gateway> is the Gateway IP Address of the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance will use to communicate with external networks.
4. Restart the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance VM.