This content has been machine translated dynamically.
Dieser Inhalt ist eine maschinelle Übersetzung, die dynamisch erstellt wurde. (Haftungsausschluss)
Cet article a été traduit automatiquement de manière dynamique. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo lo ha traducido una máquina de forma dinámica. (Aviso legal)
이 콘텐츠는 동적으로 기계 번역되었습니다. 책임 부인
Este texto foi traduzido automaticamente. (Aviso legal)
Questo contenuto è stato tradotto dinamicamente con traduzione automatica.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
This article has been machine translated.
Dieser Artikel wurde maschinell übersetzt. (Haftungsausschluss)
Ce article a été traduit automatiquement. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo ha sido traducido automáticamente. (Aviso legal)
이 기사는 기계 번역되었습니다.책임 부인
Este artigo foi traduzido automaticamente.(Aviso legal)
Questo articolo è stato tradotto automaticamente.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
May 24, 2018
Responder and Rewrite filters are deprecated and as an alternative, Citrix recommends you to use filters using Advanced policy infrastructure.
Rewrite refers to the rewriting of some information in the requests or responses handled by the NetScaler appliance. Rewriting can help in providing access to the requested content without exposing unnecessary details about the Web site’s actual configuration. A few situations in which the rewrite feature is useful are described below:
- <To improve security, the NetScaler can rewrite all the
https://in the response body.
- <In the SSL offload deployment, the insecure links in the response have to be converted into secure links. Using the rewrite option, you can rewrite all the
https://for making sure that the outgoing responses from NetScaler to the client have the secured links.
- <If a Web site has to show an error page, you can show a custom error page instead of the default 404 Error page. For example, if you show the home page or site map of the Web site instead of an error page, the visitor remains on the site instead of moving away from the Web site.
- <If you want to launch a new Web site, but use the old URL, you can use the Rewrite option.
- <When a topic in a site has a complicated URL, you can rewrite it with a simple, easy-to-remember URL (also referred to as ‘cool URL’).
- <You can append the default page name to the URL of a Web site. For example, if the default page of a company’s Web site is
http://www.abc.com/index.php, when the user types ‘abc.com’ in the address bar of the browser, you can rewrite the URL to ‘abc.com/index.php’.
When you enable the rewrite feature, NetScaler can modify the headers and body of HTTP requests and responses.
To rewrite HTTP requests and responses, you can use protocol-aware NetScaler policy expressions in the rewrite policies you configure. The virtual servers that manage the HTTP requests and responses must be of type HTTP or SSL. In HTTP traffic, you can take the following actions:
- <Modify the URL of a request
- <Add, modify or delete headers
- <Add, replace, or delete any specific string within the body or headers.
To rewrite TCP payloads, consider the payload as a raw stream of bytes. Each of the virtual servers that managing the TCP connections must be of type TCP or SSL_TCP. The term TCP rewrite is used to refer to the rewrite of TCP payloads that are not HTTP data. In TCP traffic, you can add, modify, or delete any part of the TCP payload.
For examples to use the rewrite feature, see Rewrite Action and Policy Examples.
The main difference between the rewrite feature and the responder feature is as follows:
Responder cannot be used for response or server-based expressions. Responder can be used only for the following scenarios depending on client parameters:
- Redirecting a http request to new Web sites or Web pages
- Responding with some custom response
- Dropping or resetting a connection at request level
In case of a responder policy, the NetScaler examines the request from the client, takes action according to the applicable policies, sends the response to the client, and closes the connection with the client.
In case of a rewrite policy, the NetScaler examines the request from the client or response from the server, takes action according to the applicable policies, and forwards the traffic to the client or the server.
In general, it is recommended to use responder if you want the NetScaler to reset or drop a connection based on a client or request-based parameter. Use responder to redirect traffic, or respond with custom messages. Use rewrite for manipulating data on HTTP requests and responses.
This Preview product documentation is Citrix Confidential.
You agree to hold this documentation confidential pursuant to the terms of your Citrix Beta/Tech Preview Agreement.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described in the Preview documentation remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation.
The documentation is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making Citrix product purchase decisions.
If you do not agree, select Do Not Agree to exit.