Enabling App Firewall
Before you can create an App Firewall security configuration, you must make sure that the App Firewall feature is enabled.
- If you are configuring a dedicated NetScaler App Firewall appliance or are upgrading an existing NetScaler or VPX, the feature is already enabled. You do not have to perform either of the procedures described here.
- If you have a new NetScaler or VPX, you need to enable the App Firewall feature before you configure it.
- If you are upgrading a NetScaler or VPX from a previous version of the NetScaler operating system to the current version, you might need to enable the App Firewall feature before you configure it.
If you are upgrading a NetScaler or VPX from a previous version, you might also need to update the licenses on your ADC or VPX before you can enable the App Firewall. Check with your Citrix representative or reseller to obtain the correct license.
You can enable the App Firewall by using the command line or the GUI.
To enable the App Firewall by using the command line interface
At the command prompt, type the following command:
enable ns feature AppFW
To enable the App Firewall by using the GUI
- Navigate to System > Settings.
- In the details pane, click Configure Basic Features.
- In the Configure Basic Features dialog box, check the App Firewall check box.
- Click OK.