SNMP agent can be queried for system specific information from a remote device (SNMP Manager). Based on the query, the agent searches for the equal object identifier (OID) in the management information base (MIB) for the data requested and sends the information to the SNMP Manager. The following are the most useful SNMP OIDs for Telco deployments:
- resMemUsage (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.41.2)
Percentage of memory utilization on NetScaler.
Packet Engine CPU
- resCpuUsage (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.41.1)
CPU utilization percentage.
- nsCPUTable (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.41.6)
This table contains information about each CPU in NetScaler.
Indexed on: nsCPUname
- nsCPUname (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206)
The name of the CPU.
- nsCPUusage (220.127.116.11.4.1.5918.104.22.168.22.214.171.124)
CPU utilization percentage.
- allNicTotRxMbits (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.71.1)
Number of megabits received by the NetScaler appliance.
- allNicTotTxMbits (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.71.2)
Number of megabits transmitted by the NetScaler appliance.
- ipTotRxPkts (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.43.25)
IP packets received.
- ipTotRxMbits (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.43.27)
Megabits of IP data received.
- ipTotTxPkts (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.43.28)
IP packets transmitted.
- ipTotTxMbits (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.43.30)
Megabits of IP data transmitted.
- tcpActiveServerConn (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.46.8)
Connections to a server currently responding to requests.
- tcpCurServerConn (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.46.1)
Server connections, including connections in the Opening, Established, and Closing state.
- tcpCurClientConn (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.46.2)
Client connections, including connections in the Opening, Established, and Closing state.
Note: Because of SYN-Cookie, this doesn’t include Client in Opening state
- tcpTotZombieCltConnFlushed (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.46.26)
Client connections that are flushed because the client has been idle for some time.
- tcpTotZombieSvrConnFlushed (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.46.27)
Server connections that are flushed because there have been no client requests in the queue for some time.
- tcpErrSynGiveUp (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.46.37)
Attempts to establish a connection on the NetScaler that timed out.
- tcpErrRetransmitGiveUp (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.46.60)
Number of times NetScaler terminates a connection after retransmitting the packet seven times on that connection.Retrasnmission happens when recieving end doesn’t acknowledges the packet.
- ifInDiscards (184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.13)
The number of inbound packets which were chosen to be discarded even though no errors had been detected to prevent their being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol. One possible reason for discarding such a packet could be to free up buffer space.
- ifOutDiscards (18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.19)
The number of outbound packets which were chosen to be discarded even though no errors had been detected to prevent their being transmitted. One possible reason for discarding such a packet could be to free up buffer space.
- ifErrTxOverflow (126.96.36.199.4.1.59188.8.131.52.54.1.36)
Number of packets that have passed through the overflow queues, during transmission on the specified interface, since the NetScaler appliance was started or the interface statistics were cleared. This gets incremented only on congested ports.
- tcpOptimizationEnabled (184.108.40.206.4.1.59220.127.116.11.46.131)
Total number of connections enabled with TCP optimization.
- tcpOptimizationBypassed (18.104.22.168.4.1.5922.214.171.124.46.132)
Total number of connections bypassed TCP Optimization.