Points to Consider before Configuring DS-Lite
Consider the following points before configuring DS-Lite on a NetScaler appliance:
1. You must understand the different components of DS-Lite, described in RFC 6333.
2. A DS-lite configuration on a NetScaler appliance uses the LSN commands sets. In a DS-Lite configuration, the LSN client entity specifies the IPv6 address or IPv6 network address or ACL6 rules for identifying the traffic from the B4 device. A DS-Lite configuration also includes an IPv6 profile, which specifies the IPv6 address AFTR component on a NetScaler appliance. For more information on NetScaler LSN feature, see Large Scale NAT.
3. For a DS-Lite configuration, the NetScaler appliance supports LSN for IPv4 packets that belong to one of the following protocols only. The NetScaler appliance drops IPv4 packets belonging to other protocols:
4. The NetScaler appliance supports the following ALGs DS-Lite:
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)