With the Citrix streamed user profiles feature, files and folders contained in a profile are fetched from the user store to the local computer only when they are accessed by users after they have logged on. Registry entries and any files in the pending area are exceptions. They are fetched immediately. For more information on the pending area, see Pending area
Streaming is not required and does not work with the personal vDisk feature of Citrix XenDesktop.
If Profile streaming is not configured in Policy or INI file, Profile Streaming is enabled.
If Always cache is not configured here, the value from the .ini file is used. If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, it is disabled.
If Timeout for pending area lock files is not configured here, the value from the .ini file is used. If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, the default value of one day is used.
If Streamed user profile groups is disabled, all user groups are processed. If this setting is not configured here, the value from the .ini file is used. If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, all users are processed.
your changes to take effect, run the
/force command from the command prompt as documented at
To enable profile streaming exclusion
When profile streaming exclusion is enabled, Profile Management does not stream folders in the exclusion list, and all the folder as are fetched immediately from the user store to the local computer when a user logs on.
To enable profile streaming exclusion, follow the steps below:
- Under Profile Management, double-click Streamed user profiles.
- Double-click the Profile Streaming Exclusion list - directories policy.
- Select Enabled.
- Click Show.
- Add folders that you do not want Profile Management to stream. The folder names can be specified as absolute paths or as paths relative to the user profile (%USERPROFILE%). Use that variable to locate the profile but do not enter the variable itself in this policy. Omit initial backslashes from paths.
- Desktop. The Desktop folder is not processed in the user profile.
- MyApp\tmp. The %USERPROFILE%\MyApp\tmp folder is not processed.
If this setting is not configured here, the following folders in the .ini file are excluded by default:
If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, all folders are streamed.
For your changes to take effect, run the gpupdate /force command. For more information, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490983.aspx.
- This policy only takes effect when Profile Streaming is enabled.
- The wildcard * and ? are not supported by this policy.
- Use Enter to separate multiple entries.
- When manually editing the profile streaming exclusion list, you must add the default excluded folders as shown above to avoid logons hanging.