About the Profile Management .ini file
Profile Management comes with a default configuration stored in an .ini file. This file must be located in the installation folder so that the Profile Management Service can recognize it. The default configuration is suitable for most environments. It processes the profiles of all users in all groups.
If you have a non-English deployment of Profile Management running on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you must create an appropriate language version of the .ini file using UPMPolicyDefaults_all.ini. Rename a copy of this file to reflect your language (for example, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_es.ini for Spanish) and localize the folder names. Use these file names:
- For French operating systems, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_fr.ini
- For German operating systems, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_de.ini
- For Spanish operating systems, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_es.ini
- For Japanese operating systems, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_ja.ini
- For Simplified Chinese operating systems, UPMPolicyDefaults_all_zh-CN.ini
Modify the .ini file
If you add entries to the .ini file, ensure that the variables and values have the correct format.
Flags (on/off indicators) must be of this form:
``` pre codeblock