Change how desktops look and work
Your virtual desktop is displayed in a window. Use the buttons on the window’s toolbar to move and resize the desktop and to control how files and devices are accessed. A small toolbar grip button is displayed at the top of the window or (if maximized) the screen. Click the grip to display the toolbar.
To move the toolbar to another position on the screen
You can move the toolbar to a convenient position that does not obscure other window’s content or controls.
- Click the toolbar grip that appears at the top of the window or screen, and move it left or right.
To control how local files are accessed
A virtual desktop may need to access files on your local computer. You can control the extent to which this happens.
- On the toolbar, click Preferences > File Access and select one of the following options and click OK:
|Read and write||Allow the virtual desktop to read and write to local files.|
|Read only||Allow the virtual desktop to read but not write to local files.|
|No access||Do not allow the virtual desktop to access local files.|
|Ask me each time||Display a prompt each time the virtual desktop needs to access local files.|
To set up a microphone or webcam
Follow this procedure if you want to change the way your virtual desktop accesses a local microphone or webcam.
- On the toolbar, click Preferences > Connections, and select one of the following options:
|Connect automatically||Allow the microphone or webcam to be used on the virtual desktop.|
|Do not connect||Do not allow the microphone or webcam to be used on the virtual desktop.|
|Ask me||Prompt me when the virtual desktop needs to access the microphone or webcam.|
- In Global Settings select your Preferred Webcam.
- Click OK.
- The Preferred Webcam dialog displays in the Citrix Connection Center even when the Windows Media Redirection policy is set to Disabled in the Desktop Delivery Controller.