Configuring bidirectional content redirection
You can enable bidirectional content redirection by using one of the following:
- Group Policy Object (GPO) administrative template
- Bidirectional content redirection does not work on session where Local App Access is enabled.
- Bidirectional content redirection must be enabled both on the server and the client. When it is disabled either on the server or the client, the functionality is disabled.
To enable bidirectional content redirection using the GPO administrative template
Use Group Policy Object administrative template configuration for a first-time installation of Citrix Receiver for Windows.
- Open the Citrix Receiver Group Policy Object administrative template by running gpedit.msc.
- Under the User Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Citrix Components > Citrix Receiver > User experience.
- Select the Bidirectional Content Redirection policy.
- Edit the settings.
When you include URLs, you can specify a single URL or a semi-colon delimited list of URLs. You can use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard.
5. Click Apply and OK.
6. From a command line, run the gpupdate /force command.
To enable bidirectional content redirection using the registry
To enable bidirectional content redirection, run the redirector.exe /RegIE command from the Citrix Receiver for Windows installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client).
- No fallback mechanism is present if redirection fails due to session launch issues.
- Ensure that redirection rules do not result in a looping configuration. A looping configuration, for example results if VDA rules are set so that a URL, https://www.my_company.com is configured to be redirected to the client, and the same URL is configured to be redirected to the VDA.
- URL redirection supports only explicit URLs (those appearing in the address bar of the browser or found using the in-browser navigation, depending on the browser).
- If two applications with same display name are configured to use multiple StoreFront accounts, the display name in the primary StoreFront account is used for launching the application or a desktop session.
- New browser window opens only when URL is redirected to the client. When URL is redirected to VDA, if the browser is already open, then the redirected URL opens in the new tab.
- Embedded links in files like documents, emails, pdfs is supported.