The issues fixed in Citrix SCOM Management Pack 1.17.93 for NetScaler are available at Fixed Issues in Citrix SCOM Management Pack 1.17.93 for NetScaler.
Citrix SCOM Management Pack 1.17 for NetScaler introduces the following new or enhanced features:
- Documentation in HTML format. The documentation for the Citrix SCOM Management Pack 1.17 for NetScaler is available in HTML format.
- Support for Citrix NetScaler 12.0. Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler now supports NetScaler Version 12.0.
- FIPS Compliance. Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler now uses FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) compliant algorithms and can monitor FIPS-compliant systems.
- TLS 1.2 support. Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler is enhanced to monitor Citrix NetScaler devices that have TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol version 1.2 enabled.
The following is a list of known issues in this product version.
- Issue ID: SCOM-420
Symptom: After upgrading the product from the version 1.14 or 1.13, the %ProgramData%\Comtrade folder is left on the local system. This issue occurs on the SCOM management server computer as well as on the SCOM resource pool members.
Action: Manually remove the residuary folder by using an operating system tool.
- Issue ID: SCOM-2335
Symptom: If the password of the Citrix NetScaler Appliance Action Account contains certain special characters, the discovery of the NetScaler appliance might fail. As a result, NetScalers are not displayed in the NetScaler Appliances and Topology views.
Also, the following error is logged in the agent log file (mpns_agt.log):
"For connection https://<ipaddress>/nitro/v1 during login following error reported: error code: 1233, message: Invalid JSON input"
Action: Do not use the following characters in the password of the Citrix NetScaler Appliance Action Account: backslash, ampersand, and quotation mark.
The following issues have been fixed in this version:
- When the Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler is deployed on an SCOM Gateway monitoring a large number of Load Balancing service groups, it does not discover the Load Balancing service groups.
- The Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler stops monitoring when the debug option for the discovery of Load Balancing Service Group is enabled and the state of the Load Balancing Objects is not updated.
[SCOM-1722, SCOM - 1259]
- A while after the Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler is started, it starts timing out and stops discovering or monitoring objects.
- Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler in debug mode logs a Session expired error message even when a reconnection to the NetScaler device was successful.
- The Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler does not monitor any NetScaler objects or alerts on SCOM 2012 and SCOM 2012 SP1 systems.
- When the Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler is installed on the SCOM Gateway, the management pack’s support tasks do not function.
- The Citrix SCOM Management Pack Agent for NetScaler does not support TLS 1.2 communication protocol between the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler and the NetScaler NSIP.
- Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler times out and stops monitoring you make the master NetScaler appliance node secondary.
Note: Product versions earlier than 1.14 were released under the name Comtrade Management Pack for Citrix NetScaler.
An upgrade is available only for the following versions 1.13 and later.
In-place upgrade is not supported in the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler. Instead to do an upgrade, follow the steps as below:
- Uninstall the current version of the management pack following the uninstallation instructions as per the documentation of your current version.
Note: Do not delete the %ProgramData%\Citrix\CitrixMPShare\NetScaler MP folder.
- Your management pack customization is preserved. Install the new version of the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for NetScaler following the instructions in Install and Configure.
- Install and verify the product (its server-side part) on the SCOM management server computer.
- Manually import the management packs from the %ProgramFiles%\Citrix\NetScaler MP folder on the SCOM management server computer.
- If you are upgrading from version 1.13, configure access to the shared folder for agent installation.
- Uninstall the product from the SCOM resource pool members as per the documentation of your current version.
- Install and verify the product (its agent-side part) on the SCOM resource pool members following the instructions in Install and Configure.