Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services is an availability and performance management solution that extends end-to-end service monitoring capabilities of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to include the Citrix Provisioning Services infrastructure.
With the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services, you can:
- Improve the Provisioning Services infrastructure availability and health
If any important part of Provisioning Services environment is not available, the user may not be
able to use its resources or use them with degraded performance. Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services actively monitors the availability and performance of many Provisioning Services components, such as Provisioning Servers, stores, network services, and so on.
- Gain more insight into the Provisioning Services performance
Performance degradation detection before the degradation affects end users is of great importance.
With the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services, you have the overall view of Provisioning Server's resource consumption, store disk space availability, target device utilization, and so on.
Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services fully integrates topology, health, and performance data into SCOM, providing an end‐to‐end operations overview across the entire Provisioning Services estate, and enabling delivery of effective business service management. It covers the following key scenarios:
- Are all Provisioning Services instances running?
- If disk image streaming gets slower than expected, servers having CPU or network interfaces
overloaded are pinpointed.
- Are store paths and store write cache paths accessible and to which degree the stores are
- If a farm is not fully operational, non-operational sites and servers causing the problem are
- How much are device collections utilized and how many target devices are connected to vDisks?
- Identify which crucial Provisioning Server services are not operational and get errors from
Provisioning Server log files and Windows event logs.
The following diagram shows how the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services connects to the SCOM management platform and the Provisioning Services estate.
Figure A high-level view of the Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services architecture