The Management Service can authenticate users with local user accounts or by using an external authentication server. The appliance supports the following authentication types:
- Local—Authenticates to the Management Service by using a password, without reference to an external authentication server. User data is stored locally on the Management Service.
- RADIUS—Authenticates to an external RADIUS authentication server.
- LDAP—Authenticates to an external LDAP authentication server.
- TACACS—Authenticates to an external Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System (TACACS) authentication server.
To configure an external authentication, specify the authentication type, and configure an authentication server.
If you define a RADIUS or an LDAP server by using the FQDN of the server rather than its IP address, you must manually set the primary DNS to resolve the server name, either by using the NetScaler GUI or CLI.
To set the primary DNS by using the NetScaler GUI, go to System > Network Configuration > DNS.
To set the primary DNS by using the NetScaler CLI, follow these steps.
- Open a Secure Shell (SSH) console.
- Log on to the NetScaler appliance by using the nsroot/nsroot credentials.
- Run the networkconfig command.
- Select the appropriate menu and update the DNS IPv4 Address , and save the changes.
If you run the networkconfig command again, you'll see the updated DNS adddress.