The Citrix NetScaler SDX appliance is a multitenant platform on which you can provision and manage multiple Citrix NetScaler virtual machines (instances). The SDX appliance addresses cloud computing and multitenancy requirements by allowing a single administrator to configure and manage the appliance and delegate the administration of each hosted instance to tenants. The SDX appliance enables the appliance administrator to provide each tenant the following benefits:
- One complete instance. Each instance has the following privileges:
- Dedicated CPU and memory resources
- A separate space for entities
- The independence to run the release and build of their choice
- Lifecycle independence
- A completely isolated network. Traffic meant for a particular instance is sent only to that instance.
The SDX appliance provides a Management Service that is preprovisioned on the appliance. The Management Service provides a user interface (HTTP and HTTPS modes) and an API to configure, manage, and monitor the appliance, the Management Service, and the instances. A Citrix self-signed certificate is prepackaged for HTTPS support. Citrix recommends that you use the HTTPS mode to access the Management Service user interface.
For information different SDX hardware platforms and how to set up the SDX hardware, see the SDX hardware documentation: Citrix ADC SDX