Deploying a Citrix Secure Web Gateway Instance on an SDX Appliance
The Secure Web Gateway (SWG) solution offers tools that enterprises can use to protect against internet threats.
From release 12.0 56.20, you can deploy a SDX SWG instance on a SDX appliance. All SDX models support SDX SWG instances. For more information, see SDX Hardware-Software Compatibility Matrix.
Deploying a SDX SWG instance on a SDX appliance includes the following tasks:
- Installing the hardware: ensure the SDX hardware is properly installed. For more information, see Installing the Hardware.
- Setting up and configuring the SDX Management Service. For more information, see Getting Started with the Management Service User Interface and Configuring the Management Service.
- Provisioning the SDX SWG instance on the SDX appliance. For more information, see Provisioning Citrix ADC instances.
- Configuring the SDX SWG instance. For more information, see the Citrix Secure Web Gateway documentations.
- Install an exclusive instance pack for SDX SWG. This instance pack is different from SDX platform license or SDX instance pack.
Points to Note
Keeping the following points in mind while provisioning a SDX instance on an SDX appliance:
- The platform license determines the throughput of the SDX SWG instance.
- You can provision the SWG instance only on one or more dedicated CPU cores.
- Use regular Citrix ADC XVA and upgrade images for provisioning and upgrading an SDX SWG instance. Make sure the image supports the SWG feature.
- You can provision up to two SWG instances with one SDX 2-Instance Add-On Pack for Secure Web Gateway license.
- You cannot convert a Citrix VPX ADC instance to a SWG instance, and vice versa.
- You cannot set up a Citrix ADC cluster of SDX SWG instances.
- Attaching a FIPS partition to an SDX SWG instance is not supported.
- Pooled licensing is not supported.