Before installing Single Sign-on, you should plan your environment. This includes determining the type of central store to use, the Single Sign-on-enabled applications in your enterprise, which Single Sign-on features to use, and establishing password policies.
A Single Sign-on environment can include the following:
- Shared network folders or Active Directory containing the central store.
- One or more computers running the Single Sign-on component of the Citrix AppCenter.
- User computers running the Single Sign-on Plug-in.
- A dedicated server hosting the Single Sign-on service with one or more feature modules installed on it.
- Citrix XenApp environment hosting the Single Sign-on Plug-in.
- Authentication devices such as smart cards.
- Single Sign-on features such as Hot Desktop and key management.