To manipulate credential information in your central store for SSO-enabled applications contained in user configurations, you must perform the following tasks:
- Install the Provisioning Module of the Single Sign-on Service.
- Create a user configuration that uses the provisioning service.
- Generate a credential provisioning template.
- Populate the template with user credential data and select a command to run.
- Process your provisioning data.
Important: The XML file you use to provision credentials contains highly sensitive user-related information. Consider deleting the file or moving it to a secure location when credential provisioning is completed.
After the credentials are added, removed, or modified in the central store, the credentials are ready for use in your environment. When users start the plug-in software, the credentials updated in the plug-in software and applications are made available to your users.
Adding, changing, or removing credentials from the central store can consume a large amount of system resources. When possible, perform credential provisioning during off-peak hours.