About Citrix Smart Tools
Important: This article has been deprecated and will be removed. A newer version of this article is available at https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/smart-tools/help-and-support.html
Citrix Smart Tools is a service available in Citrix Cloud and includes the following features:
- Smart Check: Performs regularly scheduled health checks on XenApp and XenDesktop Sites to keep you abreast of potential issues affecting your Site before they impact users.
- Smart Scale: Control costs while keeping applications and desktops available for your users through usage and schedule based scaling.
- Checks catalog: A central repository for Citrix checks available to all Smart Tools users.
- REST API: Smart Tools functions are accessible through REST APIs. For more information on supported REST APIs, see the REST API Overview.
Maintenance events for Citrix Cloud services are listed on the Citrix Cloud Service Health Dashboard at http://status.cloud.com/. This page displays service status and incidents when they occur for all Citrix Cloud services.
You can subscribe to notifications through email, SMS, Slack, or other webhook. You can also receive notifications for all services or only the services you choose.
To subscribe to Citrix Cloud service notifications
- At the top of the Service Health Dashboard page, click Subscribe.
- On the Subscribe for updates form, select the method by which you want to receive updates. Provide the information requested.
- In Notify about, the default selection is All services. To select individual services, click Selected services and click Citrix Cloud. By default, notifications are turned on for all services. To turn them all off, click the Select toggle and then click the toggles for the services you want.
To unsubscribe, use the unsubscribe link included in each notification you receive.
Smart Tools support forum
To request help with Smart Tools, perform the following actions:
- Visit the Smart Tools support forum at http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1565-smart-tools/.
- Sign in using your Citrix ID and create a new discussion. Include details about the issue you are experiencing.
Note: You need your Citrix login ID to create and contribute to discussions. If you do not have a Citrix login ID, you can create one at https://www.citrix.com/welcome/create-account.html.
Smart Tools documentation
Within Smart Tools, click Help > Documentation to view the Smart Tools product documentation.
To send feedback about the documentation:
Scroll to the bottom of an article and click Send us your feedback about this article.
On the docs feedback form, you can provide additional details about how to improve the article.