- What's new in Smart Tools
- Known issues
- About Citrix Cloud and Citrix Smart Tools
- Technical Security Overview for Citrix Smart Tools
- Open source attribution
- System Requirements
- Get Started
- Smart Tools Agent
- About blueprints and the Blueprint Designer
- About blueprint steps
- About scripts
- Add a new script
- Use named parameters in scripts
- Reference attachments in scripts
- Create a blueprint
- Provision VMs for your blueprint with the Server step
- Use Amazon EC2 APIs in your blueprint with the EC2 Generic Step
- Add conditional actions to your blueprint with the Conditional step
- Add server volumes to your blueprint with the Mount Volume step
- Register or unregister DNS subdomains
- Chain blueprint step outputs and inputs
- Create references to scripts and blueprints
- View and modify blueprints and scripts
- Publish a blueprint
- Clone a blueprint
- Share a blueprint or script
- About Smart Check
- About health checks
- Add a Site to Smart Check
- Discover a Site in Smart Check
- Perform health checks for your XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Use custom checks and alerts with Smart Check
- View reports from health checks
- Manage Smart Check alerts and notifications
- Upload Site diagnostics to Citrix Technical Support
- View or modify a Site in Smart Check
- JSON format objects reference
- Smart Scale
- Smart Migrate
- Resource Locations
- Prepare Windows Server VM templates for deploying blueprints
- About the Checks and Blueprints catalog and Library
- About deployment profiles
- About the Pre-deployment Checklist
- Deploy a blueprint using existing machines
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix XenServer resource location
- Set static IP addresses for XenServer VM templates
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix CloudPlatform resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to a VMware vSphere resource location
- Set a static IP address for OVA files using VMware vSphere
- Deploy a blueprint to a Microsoft Hyper-V Server resource location
- Hyper-V VM prerequisite configurations
- Deploy a blueprint to Microsoft Azure Classic resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to an Amazon Web Services resource location
- Preparing Windows-based custom AMIs for Smart Tools
- Rerun a blueprint step during a deployment error
- Pause or cancel a deployment
- Deploy a script
Deploy Citrix Solutions Blueprints
- Deploy Citrix Solutions blueprints using existing machines
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on AWS
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment with Provisioning Services on Citrix XenServer and VMware vSphere
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint to AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint with NetScaler to AWS
- Deploy XenApp with the Secure Browser Service
- Deploy the XenMobile Enterprise or Advanced Edition blueprint
- Deploy the XenMobile MDM Edition blueprint
Deploy Resource Locations for Citrix Cloud
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint with an existing domain on AWS
- Manage Deployments
- Accounts and users
- REST API
- Troubleshoot agent connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot agent download and installation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint creation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint deployment issues
- Troubleshoot Site onboarding issues
- Troubleshoot removing Sites from Smart Tools
- Troubleshoot Smart Scale events
- Troubleshoot XenApp 6.x farm migration issues
About Citrix Cloud and Citrix Smart Tools
Citrix Cloud allows you to deliver a portfolio of desktops, apps, and data in your public or private cloud, on-premises, or within a hybrid environment.
See the Citrix Cloud Product Overview page for more information about included services and capabilities.
Citrix Smart Tools is a service available in Citrix Cloud. Smart Tools allows you to deploy and manage Citrix applications on hypervisors and public and private cloud platforms.
Citrix Smart Tools includes the following services and features:
- Smart Check: Performs regularly scheduled health checks on XenApp and XenDesktop Sites to keep you abreast of potential issues affecting your Site before they impact users.
- Smart Scale: Control costs while keeping applications and desktops available for your users through usage and schedule based scaling.
- Smart Build: Define an application deployment and its operations using blueprints. Blueprints are also used to build custom checks for your XenApp and XenDesktop Site.
- Smart Migrate: Collect application and policy data from your XenApp 6.x farm and migrate it to a new XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Site. Smart Tools can help you automate this process or provide scripts you can run within your own migration processes.
- Checks and Blueprints catalog: A central repository for application blueprints and custom checks available to all Smart Tools users. You can add blueprints to your library and deploy them to your machines. You can also add Citrix checks to Smart Check and run them on your XenApp and XenDesktop Site.
- REST API: Smart Tools functions are accessible through REST APIs. For more information on supported REST APIs, see the REST API Overview.
Maintenance events for Citrix Cloud services are listed on the Citrix Cloud Service Health Dashboard at http://status.cloud.com/. This page displays service status and incidents when they occur for all Citrix Cloud services.
You can subscribe to notifications through email, SMS, Slack, or other webhook. You can also receive notifications for all services or only the services you choose.
To subscribe to Citrix Cloud service notifications
- At the top of the Service Health Dashboard page, click Subscribe.
- On the Subscribe for updates form, select the method by which you want to receive updates. Provide the information requested.
- In Notify about, the default selection is All services. To select individual services, click Selected services and click Citrix Cloud. By default, notifications are turned on for all services. To turn them all off, click the Select toggle and then click the toggles for the services you want.
To unsubscribe, use the unsubscribe link included in each notification you receive.
You can learn more about Citrix Cloud and Smart Tools, request help from Citrix Support, and submit feedback using these resources.
Smart Tools support
To request help with Smart Tools, perform the following actions:
- Visit the Smart Tools support forum at http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1565-smart-tools/.
- Sign in using your Citrix ID and create a new discussion. Include includes details about the issue you are experiencing.
Note: You need your Citrix login ID to create and contribute to discussions. If you do not have a Citrix login ID, you can create one at https://www.citrix.com/welcome/create-account.html.
If you need additional help with a specific blueprint, consult Smart Tools Blueprint Support. This document describes all the available Citrix resources for resolving your issue.
Smart Tools documentation
Within Smart Tools, click Help > Documentation in the menu bar to view the Smart Tools Product Documentation web site in your web browser.
To send feedback about the documentation, visit the Smart Tools support forum at http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1565-smart-tools/. You can then create a discussion to share your feedback with the Smart Tools team.
Citrix Cloud Help