- What's new in Smart Tools
- Known issues
- About Citrix Cloud and Citrix Smart Tools
- Technical Security Overview for Citrix Smart Tools
- Open source attribution
- System Requirements
- Get Started
- Smart Tools Agent
- About blueprints and the Blueprint Designer
- About blueprint steps
- About scripts
- Add a new script
- Use named parameters in scripts
- Reference attachments in scripts
- Create a blueprint
- Provision VMs for your blueprint with the Server step
- Use Amazon EC2 APIs in your blueprint with the EC2 Generic Step
- Add conditional actions to your blueprint with the Conditional step
- Add server volumes to your blueprint with the Mount Volume step
- Register or unregister DNS subdomains
- Chain blueprint step outputs and inputs
- Create references to scripts and blueprints
- View and modify blueprints and scripts
- Publish a blueprint
- Clone a blueprint
- Share a blueprint or script
- About Smart Check
- About health checks
- Add a Site to Smart Check
- Discover a Site in Smart Check
- Perform health checks for your XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Use custom checks and alerts with Smart Check
- View reports from health checks
- Manage Smart Check alerts and notifications
- Upload Site diagnostics to Citrix Technical Support
- View or modify a Site in Smart Check
- JSON format objects reference
- Smart Scale
- Smart Migrate
- Resource Locations
- Prepare Windows Server VM templates for deploying blueprints
- About the Checks and Blueprints catalog and Library
- About deployment profiles
- About the Pre-deployment Checklist
- Deploy a blueprint using existing machines
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix XenServer resource location
- Set static IP addresses for XenServer VM templates
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix CloudPlatform resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to a VMware vSphere resource location
- Set a static IP address for OVA files using VMware vSphere
- Deploy a blueprint to a Microsoft Hyper-V Server resource location
- Hyper-V VM prerequisite configurations
- Deploy a blueprint to Microsoft Azure Classic resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to an Amazon Web Services resource location
- Preparing Windows-based custom AMIs for Smart Tools
- Rerun a blueprint step during a deployment error
- Pause or cancel a deployment
- Deploy a script
Deploy Citrix Solutions Blueprints
- Deploy Citrix Solutions blueprints using existing machines
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on AWS
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment with Provisioning Services on Citrix XenServer and VMware vSphere
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint to AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint with NetScaler to AWS
- Deploy XenApp with the Secure Browser Service
- Deploy the XenMobile Enterprise or Advanced Edition blueprint
- Deploy the XenMobile MDM Edition blueprint
Deploy Resource Locations for Citrix Cloud
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint with an existing domain on AWS
- Manage Deployments
- Accounts and users
- REST API
- Troubleshoot agent connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot agent download and installation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint creation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint deployment issues
- Troubleshoot Site onboarding issues
- Troubleshoot removing Sites from Smart Tools
- Troubleshoot Smart Scale events
- Troubleshoot XenApp 6.x farm migration issues
Share a blueprint or script
Smart Tools enables you to design or customize blueprints and scripts and share them with other account users.
Sharing allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Collaborate with other users in designing and testing blueprints and scripts.
- Distribute a blueprint or script to a limited audience, without publishing to a catalog.
You can share using the following methods:
- Share with specified roles: You can share based on the role of the user. For example, you can share an item only with Architect and Operator users.
- Share with specified users: You can select the names of existing users of your Smart Tools account.
You can share an item only with other users of your Smart Tools account. If you want to share an item with users of other accounts, you must publish the blueprint to the Blueprint Catalog.
By default, blueprints and scripts that you create are private. They do not appear in any catalogs and no other users can view them. After you share a blueprint or script, they appear in the library of the users you specified.
After you share an item, users can view and modify it. If you modify a shared item, your modifications are visible to all other users sharing the item. When you modify an item, Smart Tools does not lock it to prevent concurrent modifications. If multiple users are modifying an item simultaneously, Smart Tools does not resolve any conflicting modifications. Typically, the last modification to be saved is displayed when viewing an item.
If you deploy a shared blueprint with other users, your deployment is shared with those users by default. Smart Tools does not allow you to create a private deployment or share the deployment with different users.
- On the Library page, point to the blueprint or script you want to share.
- Under Actions, click Actions > Share.
- Select the roles and users you want to share your blueprint. By default, the list of roles appears. To select users, click Users and select the users you want to share your blueprint. All combinations of roles and users selection are supported.
- Click Share Blueprint or Share Script.
The blueprint or script is shared with the selected roles and users, and appears in the list on the Library page.