Troubleshoot blueprint creation issues
Important: This topic has been deprecated and will be removed. For more information about deprecated features and functions in Smart Tools, see What’s New in Citrix Smart Tools.
This topic provides troubleshooting tips for blueprint creation issues.
Unable to save a blueprint
When saving a blueprint in the Blueprint Designer, the following error message appears:
Start Code does not exist for the process BlueprintName
This issue occurs if you attempt to save an empty blueprint. Smart Tools requires that the blueprint contain at least one step (such as a script, blueprint, or built-in step). To resolve this issue, add one or more blueprint steps and click Save.
Unable to diagnose issues after script deployment failure
After a script deployment fails, no information is provided with which to diagnose or troubleshoot deployment issues.
Use the following steps to diagnose and troubleshoot issues after script failure:
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, Click Smart Build.
- Move the pointer over the script and click Actions > View.
- From the blueprint designer, click View Jobs.
- Click the link in the Instances column.
- Click Step Output to view the error details.
- If the output does not have enough information, you can run the script manually on the VM command line and observe the output to troubleshoot or debug the issue. Smart Tools provides driver files that the agent runs on the VM. These are batch files with names similar to acta01156.bat. On Windows, the driver files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\LifeCycleManagement\ops\metaphase. On Linux, the driver files are located in /opt/citrix/lifecycle-management/ops/metaphase.
- Run the batch file from the VM command line to view the output and diagnose the issue. This is also useful for blueprint authors who can create and validate scripts that are used in blueprints.