Transfer files to a new network share
Before setting up a new network share for private data storage:
- Storage zones controllers belonging to the same storage zone must use the same file share for storage.
- Storage zones controllers access the share using the IIS Account Pool user. By default, application pools operate under the Network Service user account, which has low-level user rights. A storage zones controller uses the Network Service account by default.
- The Network Service account must have full access to this storage location.
- Disable storage zone controllers for new uploads before transferring any data to the new share. In the web application, navigate to Admin Settings > StorageZones. Select the zone name. Under Storage Centers, select each host server. To terminate traffic to each host server, deselect the option Enabled under Server Settings.
- Open the storage zones configuration page:
- Click Modify.
In Storage Location, enter the UNC path to your network share, in the form
\\server\shareand then click Save.
Storage zones controller overwrites any data in this path with a proprietary storage format. As a best practice, never specify a path to a location with file data. Reserve this storage location for storage zones for ShareFile Data only.
- If the credentials for the UNC path of your new network share location differ from the previous one, specify the Storage Logon and Storage Password.
- Restart the IIS server of all zone members.
- Log in to the configuration page of all zone members.
- Copy the entire directory structure, including SCkeys.txt, to the new server.