Complete the following tasks, in the order presented, to install and set up StorageZones Controller, StorageZones for ShareFile Data, and StorageZone Connectors.
- Configure NetScaler for StorageZones Controller
You can use NetScaler as a DMZ proxy for StorageZones Controller.
- Create a network share for private data storage
StorageZones for ShareFile Data requires a network share for your private data, even if you store ShareFile files in a supported third-party storage system.
- Install an SSL certificate
A StorageZones Controller that hosts standard zones requires an SSL certificate. A StorageZones Controller that hosts restricted zones and uses an internal address, does not require an SSL certificate.
- Prepare your server for ShareFile data
IIS and ASP.NET setup is required for StorageZones for ShareFile data and for StorageZone Connectors.
- Install StorageZones Controller and create a StorageZone
- Verify your StorageZones Controller setup
- Change the default zone for user accounts
By default, existing and newly provisioned user accounts use the ShareFile-managed cloud storage as the default zone.
- Specify a proxy server for StorageZones
The StorageZones Controllers console enables you to specify a proxy server for StorageZones Controllers. You can also specify a proxy server using other methods.
- Configure the domain controller to trust the StorageZones Controller for delegation
Configure the domain controller to support NTLM or Kerberos authentication on network shares or SharePoint sites.
- Join a secondary StorageZones Controller to a StorageZone
To configure a StorageZone for high availability, connect at least two StorageZones Controllers to it.
For a demonstration of configuring StorageZones Controller with Microsoft Azure Storage, click here.
For a demonstration of configuring ShareFile Enterprise to use a Microsoft Azure StorageZone, click here.