Manage StorageZones Controllers
After you install your primary and any secondary StorageZones Controllers, use the following procedures to manage the controllers and prepare them for disaster recovery.
To open the StorageZones Controller console, go to
http://localhost/configservice/login.aspx or start the configuration tool from the Start menu.
Manage StorageZones Controller
- Join a secondary StorageZones Controller to a StorageZone
- Change the address or passphrase of a primary StorageZones Controller
- Demote and promote StorageZones Controllers
- Disable, delete, or redeploy a StorageZones Controller
- Transfer files to a new network share
- Back up a primary StorageZones Controller configuration
- Recover a primary StorageZones Controller configuration
- Replace a primary StorageZones Controller
- Prepare StorageZones Controller for file recovery
- Recover files and folders from your ShareFile Data backup
- Reconcile the ShareFile cloud with a StorageZone
- Configure antivirus scans of uploaded files
- Migrate ShareFile Data
- Enable FIPS 140-2 mode with StorageZones Controller Configuration
- Connector Favorites
Windows 8 users. If the message “This app can’t open” appears when you select the StorageZones Controller configuration icon in the Windows 8 Metro interface on Windows Server 2012 R2, the built-in administrator account might not have the correct permissions. To open the configuration console, use any of these methods:
- Start the configuration tool from your browser.
- Log on as a custom local administrator.
- Log on as a domain user administrator.
- Change the built-in administrator account as follows: In Local Policies/Security Options, enable “User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account” and then restart your computer.