Transfer files to a new network share
Before setting up a new network share for private data storage:
- StorageZones Controllers belonging to the same StorageZone must use the same file share for storage.
- StorageZones Controllers access the share using the IIS Account Pool user. By default, application pools operate under the Network Service user account, which has low-level user rights. A StorageZones Controller uses the Network Service account by default.
- The Network Service account must have full access to this storage location.
- Open the StorageZones Configuration page:
- Click Modify.
In Storage Location, enter the UNC path to your network share, in the form \\server\share and then click Save.
StorageZones Controller will overwrite any data in this path with a proprietary storage format. As a best practice, never specify a path to a location with file data. Reserve this storage location for StorageZones for ShareFile Data only.
- If the credentials for the UNC path of your new network share location differ from the previous one, specify the Storage Logon and Storage Password.
- Restart the IIS server of all zone members.
- Log in to the configuration page of all zone members.
- Copy the entire directory structure, including SCkeys.txt, to the new server.