Controls the creation of application shortcuts.
- Use Citrix Studio to edit the application settings and add an executable file path that points to VUEMAppCmd.exe (located in the agent installation directory). The VUEMAppCmd.exe ensures that Workspace Environment Management agent has finished processing an environment before Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops published applications are started.
- You can use dynamic tokens to extend Workspace Environment Management actions to make them more powerful.
A list of your existing application resources. You can use Find to filter the list by name or ID against a text string.
To add an application
- Use the context menu Add command.
- Enter details in the New Application dialog tabs, then click OK.
Fields and controls
Name. The display name of the application shortcut, as it appears in the application list.
Description. This field is only shown in the edition/creation wizard and allows you to specify additional information about the resource.
Application Type. The type of application the shortcut starts, which can be one of Installed application, File / Folder, URL, or StoreFront store. These require the following values:
Command Line. The path to the application executable as the client machine will see it. Type the file path to the executables in your machine. For the file path format, you can click Browse to refer to the listed executables.
Working Directory. The shortcut working directory. You can also leave this field blank.
Parameters. Any launch parameters for the application.
Target. (File / Folder) The name of the target file or folder the application will open.
Shortcut URL. (URL) The URL of the application shortcut you are adding.
Store URL. (StoreFront store) The URL of the StoreFront store containing the resource you want to start from the shortcut.
Store Resource. (StoreFront store) The resource on the StoreFront store which you want to start from the shortcut. The Browse button allows you to browse and select the resource.
Start Menu Integration. Select where the application shortcut is created in the Start Menu. By default, a new shortcut is created in Programs.
Select Icon. Lets you type an icon file path and load an icon for your application. Icons are stored in the database as strings. Note that this field is not populated automatically.
To select an icon, complete the following steps:
1. Hover the mouse over the menu on the WEM service Manage tab.
2. Click the Citrix Workspace icon.
3. Click the upload icon to upload the applicable icon file to a Citrix Cloud folder.
4. On the Administration Console > Actions > Applications > Application List tab, click Add.
5. In the New Application window, go to the Options tab and then click Select Icon.
6. In the Icon Selector window, type the full file path for the icon file you uploaded, select the path from the dropdown, and then click Load. Note that the default folder path is
C:\DefaultUploadFolder\. You have to type the full file path; for example, C:\DefaultUploadFolder\iconname.
7. In the Icon Selector window, select the applicable icon and then click OK.
Icon Index. This field automatically populates.
High Resolution Icons Only. Only displays HD icons in the selection box.
Application State. Controls whether the application shortcut is enabled or not. When disabled, it is not processed by the agent even if assigned to a user.
Maintenance Mode. When active, this will prevent the user from running the application shortcut. The shortcut icon is modified to include a warning sign to denote that the icon is not available, and the user will receive a short message informing them the application is unavailable if they try to launch it. This allows you to proactively manage scenarios where published applications are in maintenance without having to disable or delete application shortcut resources.
Display Name. The name of the shortcut as it will appear in the user’s environment.
Window Style. This controls what state the application starts in (minimized, maximized, or normal).
Self-Service Display. If selected, the resource will not be shown in the Workspace Environment Management agent self-service window.
Hotkey. Allows you to specify a hotkey for the user to launch the application with. Hotkeys are case sensitive and are entered in the following format (e.g.): Ctrl + Alt + S.
Action Type. Describes what type of action this resource is.
Enable Automatic Self-Healing. When selected, application shortcuts will automatically be recreated by the agent at refresh if they have been moved or deleted by the user.
Enforce Icon Location. Allows you to specify the exact location of the application shortcut on the user’s desktop. Values are in pixels.
Windows Style. Controls whether the application opens minimized, or in a normal or maximized window on the end-user machine.
Do Not Show in Self Services. Hides the application from the self-service interface accessible from a status bar icon available to end-users when the session agent is running in UI mode. This includes hiding it in the context menu “My Applications” icon list, and in the Manage Applications form. Create Shortcut in User Favorites Folder. Creates an application shortcut in the end-user Favorites folder.
To add an Application entry that is based on a StoreFront store, you must provide valid credentials, so that a list of published applications can be retrieved by Receiver for Windows installed on the WEM administration console machine.
Start Menu View
Displays a tree view of your application shortcut resource locations in the Start Menu.
Refresh. Refreshes the application list.
Move. Opens up a wizard which allows you to select a location to move the application shortcut to.
Edit. Opens up the application edition wizard.
Delete. Deletes the selected application shortcut resource.