Configure HDX Insight
May 28, 2016
Note: The availability of this feature depends on your organization’s license and your administrator permissions.
HDX Insight is the integration of EdgeSight network analysis and EdgeSight performance management with Director:
- EdgeSight network analysis leverages HDX Insight to provide an application and desktop contextual view of the network. With this feature, Director provides advanced analytics of ICA traffic in their deployment.
- EdgeSight performance management provides the historical retention and trend reporting. With historical retention of data versus the real-time assessment, you can create Trend reports, including capacity and health trending.
After you enable this feature in Director, HDX Insight provides Director with additional information:
- The Trends page shows latency and bandwidth effects for applications, desktops, and users across the entire deployment.
- The User Details page shows latency and bandwidth information specific to a particular user session.
- ICA session Round Trip Time (RTT) shows data correctly for Receiver for Windows 3.4 or higher and the Receiver for Mac 11.8 or higher. For earlier versions of these Receivers, the data does not display correctly.
- In the Trends view, HDX connection logon data is not collected for VDAs earlier than 7. For earlier VDAs, the chart data is displayed as 0.
To configure the EdgeSight network analysis feature on Director
EdgeSight provides network analysis by leveraging NetScaler HDX Insight to provide the Citrix application and desktop administrators the ability to troubleshoot and correlate issues that can be attributed to poor network performance.
NetScaler Insight Center must be installed and configured in Director to enable EdgeSight network analysis. Insight Center is a virtual machine (appliance) downloaded from Citrix.com. Using EdgeSight network analysis, Director communicates and gathers the information that is related to your deployment. This information is leveraged from HDX Insight, which provides robust analysis of the Citrix ICA protocol between the client and the back-end Citrix infrastructure.
- On the server where Director is installed, locate the DirectorConfig command line tool in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Director\tools, and run it with parameter /confignetscaler in command line prompt.
- When prompted, configure the NetScaler Insight Center machine name (FQDN or IP address), username, password, and HTTP or HTTPS connection type.
- To verify the changes, log off and log back on.