Enable or disable live session playback
May 28, 2016
Using Session Recording Player, you can view a session after or while it is being recorded. Viewing a session that is currently recording is similar to seeing actions happening live; however, there is actually a one to two second delay as the data propagates from the XenApp server.
Some functionality is not available when viewing sessions that have not completed recording:
- A digital signature cannot be assigned until recording is complete. If digital signing is enabled, you can view live playback sessions, but they are not digitally signed and you cannot view certificates until the session is completed.
- Playback protection cannot be applied until recording is complete. If playback protection is enabled, you can view live playback sessions, but they are not encrypted until the session is completed.
- You cannot cache a file until recording is complete.
By default, live session playback is enabled.
- Log on to the computer hosting the Session Recording Server.
- From the Start menu, choose Session Recording Server Properties.
- In Session Recording Server Properties, click the Playback tab.
- Select or clear the Allow live session playback check box.