This content has been machine translated dynamically.
Dieser Inhalt ist eine maschinelle Übersetzung, die dynamisch erstellt wurde. (Haftungsausschluss)
Cet article a été traduit automatiquement de manière dynamique. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo lo ha traducido una máquina de forma dinámica. (Aviso legal)
이 콘텐츠는 동적으로 기계 번역되었습니다. 책임 부인
Este texto foi traduzido automaticamente. (Aviso legal)
Questo contenuto è stato tradotto dinamicamente con traduzione automatica.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
This article has been machine translated.
Dieser Artikel wurde maschinell übersetzt. (Haftungsausschluss)
Ce article a été traduit automatiquement. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo ha sido traducido automáticamente. (Aviso legal)
이 기사는 기계 번역되었습니다.책임 부인
Este artigo foi traduzido automaticamente.(Aviso legal)
Questo articolo è stato tradotto automaticamente.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
Applying Automated Updates
XenCenter allows you to apply automated updates that are needed to bring your servers up-to-date. You can apply these updates to one or more pools. When you choose to apply automated updates, XenCenter applies the minimum set of updates that are required to bring the selected pool or the standalone server up-to-date. XenCenter minimizes the number of reboots required to bring the pool or the standalone server up-to-date, and where possible, limits it to a single reboot at the end.
As a prerequisite, XenCenter requires Internet access to fetch the required updates. When you choose to apply automated updates, all the required updates are applied. The automated updates feature applies any Cumulative Updates that are available for a host. However, if a new Current Release version is available as an update, the automated updates feature does not apply this update. You must manually select to update your servers to the new Current Release.
To view the list of required updates, perform the following steps:
- Select the server from the Resources pane.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Expand the Updates section. You can see:
- Applied - lists already applied updates.
Required Updates - lists the set of updates required to bring the server up-to-date.
If there are no updates required, the Required Updates section will not be displayed.
Installed supplemental packs - lists supplemental pack that are installed on the server (if any).
If you select a pool instead of a server, the Updates section on the General tab lists the updates that are already applied as Fully applied.
If you would like to install specific updates to a pool or a managed server, see Applying updates to your managed servers.
The Automated Updates feature is available for XenServer Enterprise Edition customers, or those who have access to XenServer through their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops entitlement. For more information about licensing, see About XenServer Licensing.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply automated updates using the Install Update wizard.
- From the XenCenter menu, select Tools and then select Install Update.
- Read the information displayed on the Before You Start page and then click Next.
- Select Automated Updates. his option is visible only if XenCenter is connected to at least one licensed pool or a licensed standalone server.
- Click Next.
- Select one or more pools or standalone servers that you would like to update and click Next. Any server or pool that cannot be updated appears grayed out.
The Install Update wizard performs a number of update prechecks, including the free space check on the servers.
Follow the on-screen recommendations to resolve any prechecks that are failed. If you prefer XenCenter to automatically resolve all failed prechecks, click Resolve All.
When the prechecks have been resolved, click Next to continue.
The Install Update wizard automatically downloads and installs the recommended updates. The wizard also shows the overall progress of the update, displaying the major operations that XenCenter performs while updating each server in the pool.
- The updates will be uploaded to the default SR of the pool. If the default SR is not shared, or does not have enough space, XenCenter tries to upload the update to another shared SR with sufficient space. If none of the shared SRs have sufficient space, the update will be uploaded to local storage on the pool master.
- If the update process cannot complete for any reason, XenCenter halts the process. This allows you to fix the issue and resume the update process by clicking the Retry button.
- When the updates have been applied, click Finish to close the Install Update wizard.
This Preview product documentation is Citrix Confidential.
You agree to hold this documentation confidential pursuant to the terms of your Citrix Beta/Tech Preview Agreement.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described in the Preview documentation remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation.
The documentation is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making Citrix product purchase decisions.
If you do not agree, select Do Not Agree to exit.