For those Android apps that are must have, or that you would
like to recommend to your Android users, you can define an Android app
definition and then push the app to your users' devices. When your users open
the Connect app on their device and tap the Applications folder, they can down
the app to their devices. In order to add an external Android app to Device
Manager, you will need the complete URL to the app from the Google Play or
Amazon app store.
- In the Device Manager web console, select the Applications tab.
- From the
New menu select
- In the Add an external Android application dialog box, enter the
- In the Application store drop-down, select either Google
Play or Amazon and then specify the URL with a link to the app store.
Go to validate the URL link and retrieve
- If for some reason the app URL is not recognized, you can click
Credentials button to authenticate with the
Google Play store so your managed devices will be recognized and you can add
external Android apps to Device Manager. You will need the device ID from an
Android phone that is managed by XenMobile Device Manager.
- To obtain an Android device ID from a managed Android phone,
type *#*#8255#*#* on the Android device phone number pad.
- In the Add an external Android application dialog box,
- In the Android Market Access Credentials dialog box, enter
your Google username and password. This can be the account ID from any valid
- Enter the Android phone device ID you obtained in step a.
- Select the Save in database option to store the
authentication with Device Manager.
Add. The external Android app definition is
added to Device Manager. You can add as many apps or app definitions as you
want to push to your users' devices. These apps can be pushed to users' devices
when add them to a deployment package