The 8.6.1 release includes updates and enhancements to the following components: Worx Home, WorxMail, WorxWeb, and the MDX Toolkit. You can also install and update for Device Manager to enable SSL offloading on NetScaler.
To download the XenMobile 8.6.1 release, as well an update for Device Manager, see the Citrix web site. To download the latest MDX Toolkit and Worx apps, see the Citrix XenMobile website.
- Improvements and stability enhancements. This release fixes issues that users occasionally experienced on Android 4.3 devices with WiFI configurations and WorxWeb, and with WorxMail synchronization, airplane mode, and logon behavior on all device types. The release also includes new methods of detection to determine if a device is jailbroken or rooted. The new methods decrease the number of false positive reports.
- Battery life improvements. Battery retention has improved by approximately 15% in tests that simulate active WorxMail use for 24 hours on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.04. In the test, the connection occurred for 9 hours over 4G and 15 hours over WiFi. For more information about battery life in XenMobile, see Evaluating XenMobile Effects on Battery Life.
- ShareFile single sign-on (SSO) support. Users can now use SSO from Worx apps to access ShareFile.
- Support for Android 4.4. XenMobile allows you to manage Android 4.4 devices.
- Support for Samsung SAFE devices. You can now install Worx Home on Samsung SAFE devices running Android 4.3 and later from Google Play.
- It is a known issue that users cannot run CXM Web on a Samsung SAFE device that you manage through Device Manager.
- You need to deploy the built-in Samsung MDM license key (Samsung ELM key) policy to a device to enable the Samsung SAFE APIs before deploying Samsung SAFE policies and restrictions.
- Support for .wav and .mp3 attachments. Users can now open .wav and .mp3 audio attachments in WorxMail on iOS devices. For details, see WorxMail Audio Formats.
- Support for map images. Users can include map images in WorxMail, in email message body and contacts on iOS devices.
The update for XenMobile Device Manager addresses an SSL connection to be offloaded from NetScaler to Device Manager. SSL connections bound to Device Manager terminate on NetScaler. NetScaler initiates a new HTTP connection to the Device Manager server. The new connection between NetScaler and Device Manager can either be clear text on port 80, or can be reencrypted over SSL. Citrix recommends the latter encryption method.
Note: To enable this capability, you need to install the update for Device Manager from the Citrix website.
Users can now wrap apps for Android 4.4 and can wrap the following files:
- iAnnotate .ipa for iOS 7
- MicroStrategy.ipa file for iOS 7.0.3
After you install the XenMobile 8.6.1 release, Citrix recommends the following post-requisite steps:
You should use the latest version of the MDX Toolkit (Version 2.3.371) to wrap the latest versions of WorxMail, WorxWeb, and other third-party apps that you plan to provision to users. If users continue to run an older version of Worx Home, they will see the following message prompting them to upgrade the app: Incompatible App, please check for an update to Worx Home and apply it. If the problem persists, you will need to remove this app and reinstall it.
Citrix also recommends that users update Worx Home to Version 8.6.1 .
For technical support from Citrix, you can create a support case with the Customer Center or call (888) 936-7747 and reference XenMobile 8.6, MR1.