XenMobile Analyzer Tool
XenMobile Analyzer is a cloud-based tool that you can use to diagnose and troubleshoot XenMobile-related issues with configuration and other features. The tool checks for device or user enrollment and authentication issues within your XenMobile environment.
Configure the tool to point to your XenMobile Server and provide information, such as server deployment type, mobile platform, authentication type, and user credentials. The tool then connects to the server and scans your environment for configuration issues. If XenMobile Analyzer discovers issues, the tool provides recommendations to correct the issues.
- Secure, cloud-based micro-service to troubleshoot all XenMobile related issues.
- Accurate recommendations to resolve XenMobile configuration issues.
- Reduced support calls and accelerated troubleshooting of XenMobile environments.
- Zero-day support for XenMobile Server releases.
- Health check scheduling on a daily or weekly cadence.
- NetScaler configuration checks.
- Secure Web tests for reachability to intranet sites.
- Secure Mail autodiscovery service checks.
- ShareFile single sign-on (SSO) checks.
- The NetScaler Configuration Report displays a badge notification indicating the number of recommendations. The recommendations are based on the Essential Configuration checks on a particular NetScaler Gateway.
- The icons within the global navigation bar on the Test Environment List page have now been reordered for better user experience.
The following video highlights the navigation changes in the user interface.
Citrix XenMobile Analyzer: New Environment List UI
This video contains no audio sound. It is best viewed in full screen mode.
Accessing and starting the XenMobile Analyzer
|XenMobile Server||10.1.0 and later|
|NetScaler Gateway||10.5 and later|
|Client Enrollment Simulation||iOS and Android|
Access the XenMobile Analyzer by using either of these methods:
- In the XenMobile console, click the wrench icon in the upper-right corner to open the Troubleshooting and Support page.
Use your My Citrix credentials to access the tool from https://xenmobiletools.citrix.com. On the XenMobile Management Tools page that appears, to start XenMobile Analyzer, click Analyze and Troubleshoot my XenMobile Environment.
XenMobile Analyzer contains five options designed to lead you through the triage process and reduce the number of support tickets. The options can lower costs for everyone.
The options are as follows:
- Environment Check: This step guides you in setting up tests to check your setup for issues. The step also provides recommendations and solutions on device, user enrollment, and authentication issues.
- NetScaler Check: This step guides you in checking your NetScaler configurations for XenMobile deployment readiness.
- Advanced Diagnostics: This step provides information on using Citrix Insight Services to find further issues that the environment check might have missed.
- Server Connectivity Checks: This step instructs you to test the connectivity of your servers.
- Contact Citrix support: If you are still having issues, this step links you to the site where you can create a Citrix support case.
The following sections describe each option in more detail.
Performing an environment check
Log on to XenMobile Analyzer and click XenMobile Environment.
Click Add Test Environment.
In the new Add Test Environment dialog box, do the following:
Provide a unique name for the test that will help identify the test in the future.
In FQDN, UPN login, Email or URL Invitation, enter the information that is used to access the server.
In Instance Name, if you use a custom instance, you can provide that value.
In Choose Platform, select either iOS or Android as the platform for testing.
If you expand Advanced Deployment Options, in the Deployment Mode list, you can select your XenMobile deployment mod 1. Available options are Enterprise (MDM + MAM), App Management (MAM), or Device Management (MDM).
On the Test Options tab, choose one or more of the following tests and then click Continue.
Secure Web Connectivity. Provide an intranet URL. The tool tests for the reachability of the URL. This test detects if there are any connectivity issues that may potentially occur in the Secure Web app while trying to reach intranet URLs.
Secure Mail ADS. Provide a user email ID. This ID is used to test the autodiscovery of the Microsoft Exchange Server in your XenMobile environment. It detects if there are any issues related to Secure Mail Auto Discovery.
ShareFile SSO. If selected, XenMobile Analyzer tests if the ShareFile DNS resolution happens successfully. The tool also checks if ShareFile single sign-on (SSO) is compatible with the provided user credentials.
On the User Credentials tab, depending on your server setup, you see different fields. The possible fields are Username, Username and Password, or Username, Password, and Enrollment PIN.
Click Save & Run to start the tests.
A progress notification appears. You can leave the progress dialog box open or close the dialog box and the tests continue to run.
Tests that have passed appear in green. Tests that fail appear as red.
After closing the progress dialog box, you return to the Environments List page.
The Results page shows Test Details, Recommendations, and Results.
Click the View Report icon to see test results.
If recommendations have Citrix Knowledge Base articles associated with them, the articles are listed on this page.
Click the Results tab to display the individual Category and Tests that the tool performed, with their results.
To download the report, click Download Report.
To return to the list of test environments, click Environment Check.
To rerun the same test, click Run Again.
If you want to rerun another test, go back to Test Environments, select the test, and click Start Test.
To select another XenMobile Analyzer option, click Go To XenMobile Analyzer Checks.
From the Test Environments page, you can copy and edit tests. To do so, select a test and then click More and select Duplicate and Edit.
A copy of the selected test is created and the Add Test Environment dialog opens, allowing you to modify the new test.
Adding a schedule to environment checks
You can configure tests to run on an automatic schedule with results sent to a list of users you configure.
On the Environment List page, select the environment for which you want to set up a schedule and click Add Schedule.
The Add Schedule window displays a message warning you that XenMobile Analyzer saves credentials for running tests on a schedule. Citrix recommends that you use an account with limited access for running scheduled tests. Click I Agree to continue.
Enter a Username and Password for running the test.
Configure a schedule for the test to run. You can select Daily or Weekly from the drop-down. Select a time of day for the test to run and a time zone. Use the date picker to select a date for the scheduled test to stop running or leave it blank for the test to run indefinitely. Enter a list of email addresses to receive reports, separated by commas. Click Save.
A clock symbol to the left of your test indicates that a schedule is configured. If you select your test, you can click Edit Schedule to change when the test runs.
In this window, you can change when the test runs. You can also disable it, by clicking the switch at the top. Click Save when you’re done.
Performing a NetScaler check
Log on to XenMobile Analyzer and then click NetScaler Configuration.
Upload the latest ns.conf file from your instance of NetScaler. You can either drag the file into the upload box or click Browse to search and add the ns.conf file. For more information on how you can download the latest ns.conf file, see the Support Knowledge Center.
XenMobile Analyzer does not save the ns.conf file. After the check is complete, you can view and download the report.
Click Run Check.
XenMobile Analyzer runs two types of configuration checks.
- Essential Checks looks for components that are critical for a successful XenMobile deployment.
- Advanced Checks looks for components that are not critical, but are complementary to XenMobile deployments.
To view recommendations on Essential and Advanced Checks for NetScaler, click View Report.
The Configuration Report page appears.
XenMobile Analyzer supports gateway servers configured through the NetScaler wizard. NetScaler Gateway instances always have the following title convention: ‘_XM_*name-provided-by-user-when-deploying’.
The overall status is a Success when the essential configuration checks have passed.
When an Essential Configuration check fails, the Recommendations table lists the Policy, Details, and Results (Action Required).
When an Advanced Configuration check fails, the Recommendations table lists the Policy, Details, and Results (Action Recommended).
The notification badge within the Configuration Report indicates the number of recommendations in the Essential Configuration check for gateway servers configured through the NetScaler wizard and user-configured Gateways.
On the Configuration Report page, the following options are available.
To view the details, click Essential Configuration Checks/Advanced Configuration Checks (or the expand icon).
To run another NetScaler configuration check, click Run another test.
To view other troubleshooting and analyzing tools, click Go to XenMobile Analyzer Checks.
To download a report of the results, click Download report and ns.conf file bundle or, in Email report and ns.conf bundle, type your email address. Click Send.
Performing other informative checks
You interact with the Environment Check step of XenMobile Analyzer directly to perform tests, whereas the other options are informative. Each of these options provides information concerning other support tools you can use to ensure that your XenMobile environment is set up correctly.
- Advanced Diagnostics: Instructs you to collect information on your environment and then upload the information to Citrix Insight Services. The tool analyzes your data and provides a personalized report with recommended resolutions.
- Secure Mail Readiness: Directs you to download and run the XenMobile Exchange ActiveSync Test application. The application troubleshoots ActiveSync servers for their readiness to be deployed with XenMobile environments. After the application runs, you can view reports or share them with others.
- Server Connectivity Checks: Provides you with instructions for checking your connections to XenMobile, Authentication, and ShareFile servers.
- Contact Citrix support: If all else fails, you can create a support ticket with Citrix support.
The following issues are known in the XenMobile Analyzer:
- When performing the Secure Web Connectivity checks, typing multiple URLs in the text box is not supported.
- The shared devices authentication feature of Secure Hub is not supported.
- Secure Web tests only check the connectivity to the URLs entered and not the authentication to the corresponding sites.
The following issues with XenMobile Analyzer have been fixed:
- When performing a check using enrollment invitation, the test passes but the enrollment invitation is not redeemed.