The Samsung KNOX container configuration allows you to control the KNOX Container on the Samsung devices and also perform container actions such as Container Lock, Container Unlock, Container Password Reset.
To initialize the KNOX Container, you also need Samsung KNOX based policies set up.
- Under Device Policies, click Add, and then click on the Browser policy.
- Enter Name of the policy and click Next.
- Select Platform KNOX and click Next.
- Keep the default settings and click Next.
- Associate the policy to an Active Directory delivery group and save.
After successful creation of polices, enroll the device. KNOX container policies will be successfully deployed on the device, and the KNOX container will also be initialized.
Make sure APIs for Samsung SAFE and Samsung KNOX are set to True under Device Properties
- Go to the Manage tab.
- Select the appropriate device, and then click Edit.
- Click on Properties and scroll down. Ensure the settings Samsung KNOX API available and Samsung SAFE API available are both set to True.
After performing the above steps, do the following on the Samsung device:
- Enroll the Device with XenMobile.
- After enrollment, an MDM License keys prompt appears on device.
- Select Acknowledge and tap Confirm.
- A license key validation message is displayed on the device after confirmation.
- The Samsung KNOX Container Screen is displayed on the device. Click Start.
- Select one of KNOX security options. Click Next.
- Enter the information requested. For example, if you selected Password in the previous step, you will need to create a password for the KNOX container. Click Continue.
- The KNOX Setup screen is displayed on device. Click Set Up.
- Skip the Tutorial and KNOX is initialized.