NetScaler, version 10.1 build 120.1316.e and above, includes a wizard that prompts you for basic information about your StorageZones Controller environment and then generates a configuration that:
- Load balances traffic across StorageZones Controllers
- Provides user authentication for StorageZone Connectors
- Validates URI signatures for ShareFile uploads and downloads
- Terminates SSL connections at the NetScaler appliance
The diagram shows these NetScaler components created by the configuration:
- NetScaler content switching virtual server — Sends user requests for data from ShareFile and from StorageZone Connectors to the appropriate NetScaler load balancing virtual server.
- NetScaler load balancing virtual server — Load balances the traffic for your StorageZones Controllers and also handles the following:
To support restricted zones or web access to Connectors, you must perform additional NetScaler configuration after you complete the wizard. The configuration ensures that ShareFile clients send credentials only when logged on to a trusted ShareFile domain. To support web access to Connectors, you also add a path (/ProxyService) to the content switching policy used for traffic to /cifs and /sp.
Quick links to topic sections: