In IBM Notes environments, you need to configure the IBM Domino Traveler server in order to deploy WorxMail to mobile users with iOS and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
The following corresponds to the configuration pages in Traveler server Domino Administration.
- Security. Internet authentication is set to Fewer name variations with higher security. This setting is used to map UID to AD User ID in LDAP authentication protocols.
- NOTES.INI Settings. Add NTS_AS_ENFORCE_POLICY=false. This allows WorxMail policies to be managed by Device Manager and App Controller rather than Traveler. This setting may conflict with current customer deployments, but will simplify the management of the device in XenMobile deployments.
- Synchronization Protocols. SyncML on Lotus Notes and mobile device synchronization are not supported by WorxMail at this time. WorxMail synchronizes Mail, Calendar and Contacts items through Microsoft ActiveSync protocol built into Traveler servers. If SyncML is forced as the primary protocol, WorxMail cannot connect back through the Traveler infrastructure.
- Domino Directory Configuration - Web Internet Sites. Internet Sites the following rules configured.
- Override Session Authentication for /traveler to disable form-based authentication.
- Change web site rule for /servlet/traveler to /traveler.
- Change web site rule for /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync to /traveler/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync.