App Controller comes with a set of application connectors, which are templates that you can configure for single sign-on (SSO) to web and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, and in some cases for user account creation and management as well. App Controller includes Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) connectors and HTTP Federated Formfill connectors. SAML connectors are used for web applications that support the SAML protocol for SSO and user account management. App Controller supports SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0. When users log on to a Formfill application, their credentials are automatically entered on the application’s logon page.
You can also build your own enterprise, SAML, and HTTP Federated Formfill application connectors in App Controller. For details, see Building Your Own Application Connectors.
This section includes the following information:
- List of all application connectors indicating the type (SAML or HTTP Federated Formfill)
- Steps to configure SSO by using application connectors
- List of application connectors that require you to configure additional parameters
- Steps for building your own SAML or HTTP Federated Formfill connectors
- Steps for creating and managing user accounts for applications and configuring workflow settings
- Steps for configuring connectors to enable users to change an application password in their HTTP Federated Formfill apps or to recover their passwords.