You can view a variety of information at a glance by accessing your XenMobile Server Console Dashboard. With this information, you can see issues and successes quickly, using widgets.
The dashboard should be the page you see when you first log on to the XenMobile console. To access the dashboard from elsewhere in the console, click Analyze. Click Customize on the dashboard to edit the layout of the page, as well as the widgets that appear.
- My Dashboards: You can save up to four dashboards. You can edit these dashboards separately and view each one by selecting the saved dashboard.
- Layout Style: In this row, you can select how many widgets appear on your dashboard, as well as how they are laid out.
- Widget Selection: You can choose which information appears on your dashboard.
- Notifications: Mark the check box above the numbers on the left to add a Notifications bar above your widgets. This bar shows information, such as the number of compliant devices, number of inactive devices, number of devices wiped in the last 24 hours, and the number of new devices enrolled in the last 24 hours.
- Devices By Platform: Displays the number of managed and unmanaged devices by platform.
- Devices By Carrier: Displays the number of managed and unmanaged devices by carrier. Click each bar to see a breakdown by platform.
- Managed Devices By Platform: Displays the number of managed devices by platform.
- Unmanaged Devices By Platform: Displays the number of unmanaged devices by platform. Devices that appear in this chart may have an agent installed on them but have had their privileges revoked or have been wiped.
- Devices By ActiveSync Gateway Status: Displays the number of devices grouped by ActiveSync Gateway status. The information shows Blocked, Allowed, or Unknown status. You can click on each bar to break down the data by platform.
- Devices By Ownership: Displays the number of devices grouped by ownership status. The information shows corporate-owned, employee-owned, or unknown ownership status.
- Android TouchDown License Status: Displays the number of devices that have a TouchDown license.
- Failed Delivery Group Deployments: Displays the total number of failed deployments per package. Only packages with failed deployments appear.
- Devices By Blocked Reason: Displays the number of devices blocked by ActiveSync
- Installed Apps: With this widget, you can type an app name, and a graph displays information about that app.
- VPP Apps License Usage: Displays license usage statistics for Apple Volume Purchase Program apps.
Some examples for the many ways you can employ dashboard widgets to monitor your environment are as follows:
- You have deployed XenMobile Apps and are receiving support tickets regarding XenMobile Apps failing to install on devices. You can use the Out of Compliance Devices and Installed Apps widgets to see a daily view of the devices that do not have XenMobile Apps installed.
- You'd like to monitor inactive devices so that you can remove them from your environment and reclaim licenses. Use the Inactive Devices widget to keep track of this statistic.
- You are receiving support tickets concerning data not being synced properly. You may want to employ the Devices by ActiveSync Gateway Status and Devices By Blocked Reason widgets to determine if the issue is ActiveSync related.
After your environment is set up and users enroll, you may be interested in running reports to learn about your deployment. XenMobile comes with a number of reports built in to help you get a better picture of the devices running on your environment. For details, see Reports in the XenMobile documentation.
Important: Although it is possible to use SQL Server to create custom reports, Citrix does not recommend this method. Using the SQL Server database in this manner may have unforeseen consequences with your XenMobile deployment. If you do decide to pursue this method of reporting, ensure that SQL queries are run using a read-only account.