Plug-in installation generally goes smoothly.
If not, check for the following issues:
Deterministic Network Enhancer locking error
On rare occasions, after you install the plug-in and restart your computer, the following error message appears twice:
Deterministic Network Enhancer installation requires a reboot first, to free locked resources. Please run this install again after restarting the computer.
If this occurs, do the following:
- Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the CloudBridge
Plug-in, if present.
- Go to Control Panel: Network Adapters: Local Area Connection: Properties, find the entry for Deterministic Network Enhancer, clear its check box, and click OK. (Your network adapter might be called by a name other than "Local Area Connection.")
- Open a command window and go to c:\windows\inf (or the equivalent directory if you have installed
Windows in a non-standard location).
- Type the following command:
find "dne2000.cat" oem*.inf
- Find the highest-numbered
file that returned a matching line (the matching line
CatalogFile= dne2000.cat) and edit it. For example:
- Delete everything except the three lines at the top that start with semicolons, and then save the file. This will clear out any inappropriate or obsolete settings and the next installation will use default values.
- Retry the installation.
Other Installation Problems
Any problem with installing the CloudBridge
Plug-in is usually the result of existing networking, firewall, or
antivirus software interfering with the installation. Usually, once
the installation is complete, there are no further
If the installation fails, try the following
- Make sure the plug-in installation file has been copied to your local system.
- Disconnect any active VPN/remote networking clients.
- Disable any firewall and antivirus software temporarily.
- If some of this is difficult, do what you can.
- Reinstall the CloudBridge
- If this doesn't work, reboot the system and try again.