After initial configuration, if you need to update the credentials XenServer and the Workload Balancing appliance use to communicate, you can do so using a three-step process:
- Disconnect from Workload Balancing, as described below.
- Change the WLB credentials by editing the WlbConfig file (run the WlbConfig command in the console on the Workload Balancing virtual appliance). See the Workload Balancing Administrator's Guide for details.
- Reenable Workload Balancing and specify the new credentials, as described below.
Situations when you may want to use these steps include:
- If you need to change the user account XenServer uses to communicate with Workload Balancing
- If you receive an error message that the Workload Balancing credentials are no longer valid
- If the service is unavailable
If you want to modify settings for thresholds and change the priority given to specific resources, see Editing Workload Balancing Settings.