Add a Virtual Network Interface
- Open the
Add Virtual Interface
dialog box by doing one of the following:
- Select the VM in the
pane, click on the
tab and then click
- On the
page of the
- Select a network location from the
- Specify the MAC address, either using an automatically-created MAC
address based on the NIC MAC address, or by entering it manually:
- To use a generated MAC address, click
Auto-generate a MAC address.
- To explicitly enter a MAC address, click
Use this MAC address
and enter an address in the form
where X is any hexadecimal digit, and Y is one of 2, 6, A or E.
- To set an optional I/O priority Quality of Service (QoS) setting
for maximum network transfer rate, select the check box and enter a
value in kilobytes per second (kB/s). If the pool is configured to use a vSwitch Controller, the QoS option in the Add Virtual Interface dialog box will be unavailable; in this case, you should configure QoS settings using the vSwitch Controller, if required.
- Click Add.