Execution profiles define the tasks and resources that run on the capture machine during an Install Capture or Self-Provisioning application capture.
Some execution profiles perform more advanced tasks, such as packaging. You can also use execution profiles in Forward Path task scripts to perform actions (such as sequencing or running testing regimes) on applications based on the analysis results.
This topic provides a list of the execution profiles that are installed with AppDNA and explains how to activate them, and how to change the default. This is followed by instructions for running execution profiles, and information about the advanced execution profiles and the Edit Execution Profile dialog box.
Note: Install Capture is always performed on a virtual machine, but a Self-Provisioning capture can be performed on any type of machine (physical or virtual). For convenience, the term capture machine is used in this section to represent both the Install Capture virtual machine and the Self-Provisioning client machine.
Standard execution profiles
The execution profiles that come with AppDNA as standard are as follows:
- Snapshot Extended – Creates an MSI for importing the application's DNA into the AppDNA database. This profile captures all the installation and configuration screens to form the installation instructions.
- App-V 5.0 Sequencer – Creates App-V 5.0 sequences as well as an MSI for importing the application's DNA into the AppDNA database – the MSI is not usable as an installer. This execution profile requires the App-V Sequencer 5.0 to be installed on the virtual machine. This does not come with AppDNA. See App-V 5.0 Sequencer execution profile for more information.
- App-V 4.6 SP1 Sequencer – Creates App-V 4.6 SP1 sequences as well as an MSI for importing the application's DNA into the AppDNA database – the MSI is not usable as an installer. This execution profile requires the App-V Sequencer 4.6 SP1 to be installed on the virtual machine. This does not come with AppDNA. See App-V 4.6 SP1 Sequencer execution profile for more information.
If you upgraded to AppDNA from a version prior to AppDNA 6.3, AppDNA updates the execution profiles that you have imported. This is so that the execution profiles are automatically updated to support auto-clicker
. AppDNA saves the old copies of the execution profiles with an _old
suffix, so that any customizations are preserved.
To activate an execution profile
When you first install AppDNA, only the Snapshot Extended execution profile is activated. To activate the other execution profiles that are installed with AppDNA:
- From the AppDNA menus, choose .
- In the side bar in the Settings dialog box, click Install Capture or Self Provisioning, depending on where you want to use the execution profile.
- Click the Execution Profile tab.
- Click Import (in the lower part of the dialog box).
- In the Load Profiles dialog box, browse to the location of the execution profile file. By default, the execution profiles that come with AppDNA are installed in the following location: C:\Program Files\Citrix\AppDNA\Client\Execution Profiles (C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\AppDNA\Client\Execution Profiles on a 64-bit machine).
- Select the execution profile file that you want to activate, and then click Open.
- Click Save to preserve your changes and close the Settings dialog box.