The Citrix NetScaler MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/14100 are 2U appliances. Each model has two 6-core processors and 64 gigabytes (GB) of memory and sixteen 10G SFP+ ports (16x10G SFP+).
For information on the software releases supported on the NetScaler hardware platforms, see http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/netscaler/11/getting-started-with-netscaler/product-line.html.
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080 ( 16x10G SFP+) appliance.
Figure 1. Citrix NetScaler MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/14100 ( 16x10G SFP+), front panel
The NetScaler MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/14100 appliances have the following ports:
- RS232 serial Console Port.
- 10/100Base-T copper Ethernet Port (RJ45), also called the LOM port. You can use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the NetScaler software.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet Management Ports (RJ45), numbered 0/1and 0/2 from left to right. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliancefor system administration functions.
- Network Ports, sixteen 10G SFP+ ports ( 16x10G SFP+).
Note: The 10G SFP+ ports on these appliances support copper 1G SFP transceivers.
The following figure shows the back panel of the MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/ 14100 appliance.
Figure 2. Citrix NetScaler MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/14100, back panel
The following components are visible on the back panel of the MPX 14020/14030/14040/14060/14080/14100 appliance:
- Two 240 GB removable solid-state drives (SSDs).
These appliances are redundant array of independent disks (RAID) devices. In a RAID configuration, the same data is stored on multiple drives to improve performance, increase storage capacity, lower the risk of data loss, and provide fault tolerance.
The two SSDs store the same data. If one fails and you replace it, the new SSD mirrors the other one.
Press this button to stop the power alarm from sounding when you have plugged the appliance into only one power outlet, or when one power supply is malfunctioning and you want to continue operating the appliance until it is repaired.