vDisks are configured prior to being deployed. Configuration tasks include:
- Selecting the vDisk Access Mode (for details, refer to the Provisioning Services Overview section) and if applicable, the Write Cache Mode for that vDisk.
- Configuring the vDisk for Microsoft Volume Licensing (for details, refer to Configuring a vDisk for Microsoft Volume Licensing).
- Enabling Active Directory machine account password management, if applicable (for details, refer to Enabling Domain Management.)
- Enabling printer management (for details, refer to Managing Printers).
- Additional Settings
- Enabling or disabling the streaming of this vDisk to assigned target devices (for details, refer to vDisk Properties) dialog).
- Providing vDisk identification information (for details, refer to Identification information in the vDisk Properties dialog).