Run the Configuration Wizard silently to configure multiple Provisioning Servers that share several of the same configuration settings such as the farm, site, and store locations.
The Configuration Wizard must first be run on any Provisioning Server in the farm that has the configuration settings that will be used in order to create the Provisioning Services database and to configure the farm.
The basic steps involved in the silent configuration of servers within the farm are:
- Create a ConfigWizard.ans file from a configured Provisioning Server in the farm.
- Copy the ConfigWizard.ans file onto the other servers within the farm, and modify the IP address in the ConfigWizard.ans file to match each server in the farm.
- Run the ConfigWizard.exe with the /a parameter.
To run the ConfigWizard.exe silently
To configure servers, run the ConfigWizard.exe with the /a parameter on each server that needs to be configured.
To get a list of valid ConfigWizard parameters:
- Run ConfigWizard.exe with the /? parameter.
- In the Provisioning Services Application Data directory, open the resulting ConfigWizard.out file.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the file to view all valid parameters.
To get a list of commands and their descriptions, use the / c parameter.