Services supports the replication of vDisks on stores that are local
(local/attached storage on Provisioning Servers) within a site.
Replication considerations include:
- All Provisioning Servers must have network connectivity with all other servers in the farm.
- Replication must be properly configured to work with Provisioning Services and meet all requirements.
- Provisioning Services files to be replicated include: *.vhdx, *.avhdx, and *.pvp. If importing existing vDisks, the *.xml (manifest files) may also be replicated. The *.lok files should not be replicated.
- It is not necessary to shut down a server during the replication process.
- Store path must be set for each Provisioning Server.
Note: If setting an override store path on the Server's Properties dialog, the path must be set prior to creating a new version of the vDisk. Because this path information is stored and referenced in the .vhdx header information, changing the path after versioning may cause unexpected results.
- Necessary storage must be available and have read/write access.
Note: While DFS Replication can be used with Provisioning Services, DFS Namespaces are not supported as store paths.
that follows shows a replication scenario where a version is not available to
all servers from local storage.
status can be viewed for a particular version of a vDisk or for all versions of