Enabling printers for target devices using the Printer Settings option
Use this method to assign a single printer to multiple target devices. This method is very useful when managing the printer-to-all target devices relationship.
- In the Console tree, under Provisioning Servers, click the Printers group folder. All printers associated with that group appear in the Details panel.
- Right-click on a printer in the Details panel, then select the Client Printer Settings... menu option. The printer settings dialog for that printer appears.
- Enable or disable this printer for one or more target devices using either of the following options:
- In the Enable column, select the check box next to each target device to enable or disable use of this printer.
- Select the check box under the dialogs Enable heading to enable or disable this printer for all target devices assigned to the vDisk.
- To select this printer as the default printer for target devices accessing this vDisk, select from the following methods:
- Select the Default check box in the dialogs Default heading to set this printer as the default for all target devices assigned to this vDisk.
- Highlight one or more target devices, then right-click to open the context menu. Select from the following menu options; Default, NotDefault All Default All Not Default
- In the Default column, select the check box next to each target device that should use this printer as the default printer. If there is only one printer, that printer is automatically set as the default printer.
- Click OK to save settings for this printer and exit the dialog.
Enabling printers for target devices using the Printers group folder
Use this method to select printer settings (enable/disable; default) for a single target device.
Note: After selecting printer settings for a single target device, you can duplicate these settings using the Copy and Paste features.
- Under the target device’s vDisk, click the Printers group folder in the tree. Printers that are associated with that group appear in the Details panel. By default, printers are not enabled for a target device and the first printer listed is set as the default printer.
- Select or deselect the Enable check box next to each printer to enable or disable the printer for this target device. You can also choose from one of the additional selection methods that follow.
In the Details panel:
- Select or unselect the Enable check box within the table heading to enable or disable all printers.
- Highlight a printer, then use the space bar to enable or disable printers.