General known issues
Caution: Editing the registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
- Release 1.8 is not fully compatible with the new Skype for Business client. Note that if you do upgrade to the new Skype for Business application, run it in Lync 2013 mode, which your server controls. [#555998]
- When the Skype/Lync client is delivered as a published application, desktop sharing is not supported and should not be used as the server desktop will be shared rather that the local desktop. Application sharing can be used to share other hosted applications during a Skype/Lync call. [#571502]
- The strings Start a Call, Start a Video Call, Select a Number, and Audio Video Settings are not localized into non-English languages.[#546592]
The RealTime Connector installer contains registry files enabling you to update the custom menus. The 64- and 32-bit directories and files are in the I18 subdirectory of the product installation directory. To update the menu items to the correct language, run the corresponding language file as administrator, and then restart Lync.
- If a user switches the microphone device by plugging in or unplugging a USB device during a live call, the far end might get unusable speech quality coming from the new microphone device. [#543276]
- The user’s presence status does not display in the Audio Session Window. Workaround: View the user’s presence information in the Lync contact list.[#538178]
- There might be problem dialing dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) digits using a Jabra Pro 9465 device on a Linux client. Workaround: Use the Optimization Pack interface to dial the DTMF digits. [#547234]
- It might take up to 90 seconds for the Optimization Pack to initialize in your environment. Workaround: Check if the call forwarding status displayed at the bottom of the main Lync window. If the status displays, the pairing between RealTime Connector and RealTime Media Engine completed and you can place calls. [#546718]
- Users might hear an echo or other artifacts when using any built-in microphone and speakers on endpoints. Workaround: Use a headset on an endpoint. [#545463]
- When the Optimization Pack user adds users having Tandberg 1700 MXP endpoints to a multiparty call, the Tandberg units do not receive a conference invitation from the Lync Server.
- When using Receiver for Windows 3.x, your users may have problems logging off or shutting down while their VDA windows are open. It is recommended that you upgrade your users to Receiver for Windows 4.x. [#16698]
- When Remote PC Access is enabled on a device and you try to start the RealTime Connector and the RealTime Media Engine from the device, you might have to wait a short period of time for the RealTime Media Engine to initialize. Wait about one minute before you try to place a call. [#14438]
- When attempting to make high-definition video calls from a home office, take into account your user’s network bandwidth and ISP routing policies. If you observe pixelation of the video or problems with lip sync, adjust the Maximum Packet Size (MTU) on the network interface card properties to a lower value such as 900 to avoid situations where ISPs perform traffic shaping based on packet size.
- Occasionally on devices running Linux Ubuntu 11 on 32-bit systems, you can experience poor video quality—namely flickering image—during a call. To improve video quality, increase foreground and decrease background lighting and adjust the anti-flicker setting on the transmitting camera.
- You can only optimize one virtual desktop at a time per Windows client, and it is recommended to use one virtual desktop per client. However, Linux and Mac Receiver allow you to optimize more than one virtual desktop at a time. [#70461630]
- If a call is in progress when Windows locks due to a timeout or a Ctrl-Alt-Del and Lock sequence occurs, the call will drop. [#70580804]
- This version does not support federation to the consumer version of Skype. [#70593271]