If you have not already downloaded the installation files for HDX RealTime Optimization Pack, see How to download HDX RealTime Optimization Pack.
The order of the Optimization Pack installation is important:
- If Receiver is running, close it.
- Install RealTime Media Engine on your users' devices.
- Start XenDesktop.
- Install RealTime Connector on your XenDesktop virtual desktops and XenApp servers.
A single installer now combines the latest Citrix Receiver for Windows with the HDX RTME installer. When installing the latest version of Citrix Receiver for Windows, the HDX RTME is included in the executable file (.exe). Refer to the Citrix Receiver for Windows installation article for more information.
Citrix HDX RealTime Connector
requires the installation of HDX RealTime Media Engine on the host terminal
device. This topic describes the steps for deploying HDX RealTime Media Engine
to thin client terminals running Windows operating systems.
Deploy HDX RealTime Media Engine to Mac devices
HDX RealTime Connector requires the installation of Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine on the client device. This section describes how to install the Media Engine on supported Mac OS devices.
Before running Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine installation script, ensure you have Receiver for Mac 12.0 or later installed on the device.
The installation package for Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine includes the following components:
- Install HDXRealTimeMediaEngine.pkg
- Uninstall HDXRealTimeMediaEngine
- Log on to the Mac as an Administrator.
- Double-click the downloaded file, HDX_RealTime_MediaEngine_2.0_for_OSX.dmg. The disk image mounts.
- To start the installation, double-click HDX_RealTime_MediaEngine_2.0_for_OSX.dmg.
- Follow the instructions provided by the script.
- After the installation completes, confirm the installation: In the Mac System Preferences under Other, click Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine to view the installed version.
- If you have Microsoft Skype for Business running as a published application, restart it (Microsoft Skype for Business).
Depending on your VDA/Server operating system, use the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the RealTime Connector.
To install HDX RealTime Connector:
- Start a XenDesktop virtual desktop and log on as Administrator.
- On the virtual desktop, run the installation wizard HDX_RealTime_Connector_2.0_for_Skype_For_Business.msi or
HDX_RealTime_Connector_2.0_for_Skype_For_Business_32.msi and follow the instructions.
Install into XenApp environment
Install HDX RealTime Connector on each server in a XenApp farm where you want to make HDX RealTime available. Before installation, ensure the Microsoft Skype for Business is not running in any sessions on the servers.
Back up and remove or rename the following registry keys (for example, VdiMediaProviderDisabled). When you restart Skype for Business, the HDX RealTime Optimization Pack is disabled.
To reenable the HDX RealTime Optimization Pack, restore or rename the key back to VdiMediaProvider.
For 64-bit Skype for Business or 32-bit Skype for Business on 32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Lync\VdiMediaProvider
For 32-bit Skype for Business on 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Lync\VdiMediaProvider