HDX RealTime Optimization Pack supports the following Microsoft Skype for Business configurations:
- Server (backend)
- Microsoft Skype for Business server 2015
- Microsoft Skype for Business Online (Microsoft Office 365 hosted Skype for Business Server 2015)
- Microsoft Lync 2013 server - Updated to at least the February 2015 Cumulative Update. Citrix recommends updating to the most recent Cumulative update.
- Client (the Skype for Business application installed on the XenApp or XenDesktop server) For information about configuring the Skype for Business 2015 client in native UI mode, see https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn954919.aspx.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 with Lync with at least the June, 2016 Microsoft Office Public Updates. Citrix recommends having the latest updates. The client must be configured in native Skype for Business UI mode.
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 stand-alone installer (which can be installed on top of Microsoft Office 2016) version 15.0.4833.1001 or later.
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 version 16.0.7341.2032 or later.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack supports the following Citrix environments:
- XenDesktop 7.9, 7.8, 7.7, 7.6 Feature Pack 1, Feature Pack 2, and Feature Pack 3
- XenDesktop 7.12, 7.11, 7.6., 7.5, and 7
- XenApp 7.9, 7.8, 7.7, 7.6 Feature Pack 1, Feature Pack 2, and Feature Pack 3
- XenApp 7.12, 7.11, 7.6 7.5, 6.5, and 6.0
For more information about XenDesktop and XenApp editions that include Skype for Business optimization, see Compare XenDesktop features by edition.
HDX RealTime Optimization Pack supports the following Citrix Receivers:
- Receiver for Windows 4.x
- Receiver for Mac 12.x
- Receiver for Linux 13.x
HDX RealTime Connector
You install HDX RealTime Connector on XenDesktop virtual desktops or on servers in your XenApp farm.
- Supported operating systems:
- Desktops: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Memory: minimum 4 GB RAM, 120 MB paging file
- Disk space: minimum 100 MB available
- Network interface: full-duplex Ethernet TCP/IP local network connection
- DirectX 9 (minimum)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 SP1
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 client - minimum Product Update 15.0.4833.1001 (32- or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 client - minimum Product Update 16.0.7341.2032 (32- or 64-bit)
- Right-click the Microsoft Skype for Business shortcut on your Desktop or in the list of programs in the Start Menu and choose Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
- On the Compatibility tab, ensure the Run this program as an administrator checkbox is cleared.
HDX RealTime Media Engine/Client Device
You install the HDX RealTime Media Engine on the client device.
See citrixready.citrix.com for client devices verified for HDX RealTime Optimization Pack.
Hardware guidelines when H.264 hardware acceleration is unavailable:
- Support for SSE3 instruction set
- For CIF (standard) video, 1.4 GHz
- For 720p HD (high definition) video, 2.8 GHz dual core
Disk space and memory:
- 50 MB disk space
- 1 GB total RAM
Supported operating systems
You can install HDX RealTime Media Engine on devices running any of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows devices: WES 7, WES 8, WES 2009, or Microsoft Windows Thin PC (TPC)
- Linux 32-bit
- Ubuntu 16, 15, and 14.04
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- RedHat 6.7
- CentOS 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 (Wyse Enhanced SUSE Linux)
- HP ThinPro 5.x
- Linux 64-bit
- Ubuntu 16.04 and 15.10
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 7
- CentOS 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP1
- Unicon - Check with Unicon for the version of eLux recommended for use with the HDX RealTime Media Engine 2.1
- Mac OS X 10.12.x, 10.11.x, and 10.10.x
Requirements for audio and video calling:
- RealTime Media Engine can support video calls in high-definition (HD) video. The RealTime Media Engine measures the speed of the user device and then encodes HD video if the camera, the host device, the bandwidth setting, and the remote endpoint support high-definition specifications.
- Most USB webcams are supported.
- Minimum resolution: 320 x 240
- Color space: 1420 or YUY2
- Frame rate of at least 10 fps, 24 fps for HD video
- Windows UVC driver
- Audio input/output must be DirectSound-compatible and capable of 16-bit mono or stereo sound at 16,000, 32,000, or 44,100 samples per second. A USB headset is recommended.
Requirements for Skype for Business-compatible audio devices:
HDX RealTime Connector supports Skype for Business-compatible USB headsets, speaker phones, and phones. For full information about supported devices, see Skype for Business Solutions.
Third-party video drivers and Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack
The Microsoft Windows operating system installed on some thin client terminals often does not include Windows USB video class (UVC) drivers for web cameras, although these drivers have been included with standard Microsoft Windows XP and Vista operating systems since SP2. When you install a web camera on a terminal device, the installation program may report that it does not have required files.
We recommend that you use the standard Windows device drivers for webcams because vendor-supplied drivers can sometimes cause crashes and Blue Screen events on certain platforms (especially 64-bit Windows).