This release of Citrix
Receiver for Mac contains a single installation package, CitrixReceiver.dmg,
and supports remote access through NetScaler Gateway, Access Gateway, and
Installing Receiver for Mac manually
Users can install Receiver from the Web Interface, a network share, or directly on to the user device by downloading the CitrixReceiver.dmg file from the Citrix Web site, at http://www.citrix.com
To install Receiver for Mac
- Download the .dmg file for the version of Receiver you want to install from the Citrix Web site and open it.
- On the Introduction page, click Continue.
- On the License page, click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install.
- Enter the username and password of an administrator on the local device.
Receiver for Mac 12.0
supported from versions 10.x and 11.x of the Online Plug-in for Mac. You can
also upgrade from versions 11.3, 11.4, 11.5, 11.6,11.7.x, 11.8.x, 11.9.x of
Receiver for Mac.
integration is removed from version 11.8. If you integrated Receiver for Mac
with ShareFile, when upgrading you are prompted to download the ShareFile
application so that you can continue to access your remote data.
About deploying and configuring Receiver for Mac
For deployments with StoreFront:
- A best practice is to configure NetScaler Gateway and StoreFront 2.x as described in the documentation for those products in Citrix Product Documentation. Attach the provisioning file created by StoreFront to an email and inform users how to upgrade and how to open the provisioning file after installing Receiver.
- As an alternative to using a provisioning file, tell users to enter either the URL of a NetScaler Gateway. If you have configured email-based account discovery as described in the StoreFront documentation, tell users to enter their email address.
- Another method is to configure a Receiver for Web site as described in the StoreFront documentation. Inform users how to upgrade Receiver, access the Receiver for Web site, and download the provisioning file from the Receiver for Web interface (click the user name and then click Activate).
For deployments with Web Interface:
- Upgrade your Web Interface site with Receiver for Mac 11.9 and let your users know how to upgrade Receiver. You can, for example, provide users with installation captions on their Messages screen to let them know they need to upgrade to the latest version of Receiver.
Receiver from Receiver for Web
You can deploy
Receiver from Receiver for Web to ensure that users have it installed before
they try to connect to an application from a browser. Receiver for Web sites
enable users to access StoreFront stores through a Web page. If the Receiver
for Web site detects that a user does not have a compatible version of
Receiver, the user is prompted to download and install Receiver. For more
information, see the
Receiver from a Web Interface logon screen
You can deploy
Receiver from a Web page to ensure that users have it installed before they try
to use the Web Interface. The Web Interface provides a client detection and
deployment process that detects which Citrix clients can be deployed within the
user's environment and then guides them through the deployment procedure.
You can configure
the client detection and deployment process to run automatically when users
access a XenApp Web site. If the Web Interface detects that a user does not
have compatible version of Receiver, the user is prompted to download and
As an alternative,
you can provide users with installation captions, which are links that are
presented to users on the
Messages screen. Users click a link to start the
client detection and deployment process. You can also use installation captions
to enable users to access the client detection and deployment process to
upgrade their Citrix clients to a newer version.
To use the client
detection and deployment process, the Receiver installation files must be
available on the Web Interface server. By default, the Web Interface assumes
that the file names of the Receiver installation files are the same as the
files supplied on the XenApp or XenDesktop installation media. If you download
Receiver from the Citrix Web site or if you plan to deploy older versions of
Receiver, check that the appropriate Receiver installation file names are
specified for the
ClientIcaMac parameter in the configuration files
for your XenApp Web sites.
information, see the
Receiver for Mac
You can uninstall
Receiver manually by opening the CitrixReceiver.dmg file, selecting
Citrix Receiver, and following the on-screen instructions.